Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Jul 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
duck149
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Advice

Advice please. We are staying at Formosa Gardens we arrived on friday night .the villa is a 5 ded 4 bath villa .the pictures on vr360 look amazing. When we arrived we found it totally different to the pictures. All walls are so grubby. Scratched. Light switches grubby .no curtains on windows like in the picture. The games room a total mess .the most dirtiest pool deck i have ever seen. The pool is all breaking up on the floor and side .fridge water dispenser not work it comes out from under the fridge. The hole place is just so disappointing. The management company said they have been telling the owners for a long time it needs full decorated but they just keep putting people in .it has ruined my holiday. I paid alot of money for this villa .yes is not the most expensive villa in Formosa Gardens but its a lot off money for me .i didn't expect this very low standard here .what can i do about it.i have email the owner they just said they will get around to decorateing it soon .
duck149 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Is there a contract / terms & conditions of booking you can refer to? If youve booked via a website is there a complaints procedure?

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duck149
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Found it on vr360 .but delt with ower direct.
duck149 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Take loads of photos for claiming when you get back. Don't know if the management can put you in another villa at such a busy time, but of course you will have to pay for that.

When you get back, contact Lee who runs VR360homes and tell him that this villa isn't anything like it is advertise, so he can take it off the web site.

Sounds like the owner isn't interested or got the money to make improvements. When we bought our villa it needed a lot to do with it, must of cost us $20,000, to get it up to the standard we wanted it to be.

Sorry this has happened.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

OP, sorry to read this, it will be disappointing, but try and enjoy your hols as much as possible. Even if the decor is old, the property should be clean, habitable and safe. The MC has mentioned decorating, you haven't got time to get involved with that. In the meantime, I suggest the following, if you can:

Take pics of everything you're unhappy with, inside and out - can use your mobile if you've brought it. Maybe send pics to your email/WhatsApp.

Keep the original pic/details safe in case you need to refer to it - also, in case it gets removed - you never know

Is the pool area safe/trip hazard?

Contact the MC and tell them the above and anything else is not acceptable - get their email address and reiterate in writing. Maybe include the pictures?

Do you want to try and move, or could you ask for the property to be cleaned while you're out? Also, sounds like repairs need to be carried out around the pool. What's going on in the games room? Add that to the list.

Hope the MC are helpful and you can get the property sorted out.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
duck149
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

The mc have been out and cleaned the best they can .the mc have said thd pool man has given up telling them the the pool need major work .the owner just keeps booking people in not giving any time for work .mc have a long talk to us yesterday about it .if i had known it was like this would never booked .😥😥😥
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by duck149 View Post
The mc have been out and cleaned the best they can .the mc have said thd pool man has given up telling them the the pool need major work .the owner just keeps booking people in not giving any time for work .mc have a long talk to us yesterday about it .if i had known it was like this would never booked .😥😥😥
OK, what do you want to happen next - a move, partial refund? Is the pool usable?
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duck149
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Partial refund would help .pool is useable if we keep away from all the cracked concrete were its breaking up
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Contact the owner immediately. Give them a chance early on in the holiday to fix some of the problems. It isn't fair to wait until you get home.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

duck149, did you pay by credit card ? If so I would take it up with them as you don't appear to have been given what you paid for, make sure you have written details of the accommodation that the owner supplied to you and to vr360. Then take the same shots to show what you actually found - put them side by side to show the differences.

You need to decide if you would be willing to stay there if you would get a refund that reflected the shortcomings of the villa, or if you move to another villa for which you'd have to pay extra and then claim the difference,

The annoying thing is that getting this sorted is eating away at your holiday time.

I despise people who treat others so poorly and unfairly.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List