Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Oct 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I don’t understand it either Sue
, this was our last villa and I don’t see anything at all off putting with this plastic .

Where is that that villa looks fantastic

Old 28 Oct 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Don’t let pictures of CRT tv’s, plastic plants and green carpet put you off. Many pics have been taken over the years and the decoration has probably been updated. People could well be missing out on perfectly good villas. I guess it goes to show that owners should update their villa photos regularly.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Where is that that villa looks fantastic
Solterra resort, it was fabulous, pricey though being on a resort .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort

Edited at 08:33 PM.
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
With the best will in the world no owner can cater for every taste but we do try hard to make our homes the best they can be.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I don’t get the objection to plastic outdoor cups and plates, surely that’s wise if you have children ? I don’t think we have stayed in any villa that doesn’t have plastic crockery stored away. In fact we use it for crisps and snacks and the children are grown up .
We are quite picky about certain things but I don’t get the dislike for the plastic crockery as you don’t have to use it .
Am I missing something?
I don’t see replies objecting to plastic plates; plastic plants yes but not plastic plates.

Edited at 07:56 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
After using villas for a number of years, there are certain things we prefer in a villa: covered lanai; spa; games room; not overlooked at the pool area; good comms with the owner. My husband prefers a gated community, but i’m not bothered - if it’s got the key features we’ll consider it.
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Am I missing something?
I don’t see replies objecting to plastic plates; plastic plants yes but not plastic plates.
Another poster mentioned the same thing about not seeing crockery mentioned and when I went back to read the posts again I didn’t see any either yet I’m certain there were a couple ( wish I had quoted now but didn’t want to single anyone out ) other posters have agreed with me ,I can only think that maybe posters decided to delete their posts, either that or I’m losing my marbles .
Edited to add that looking back I notice that some posts have been edited , maybe they mentioned plastic crockery and then removed that part if the post ? a couple of villa owners also mentioned about why they have plastic crockery so I’m sure it was mentioned and then removed
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort

Edited at 08:16 PM.
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Plastic crockery doesn’t bother me, not fussed on plastic plants but that doesn’t bother me to much either.
Although I do like modern furnishings and bedding and wouldn’t book a dated villa. We are all adults, although themed bedrooms is fine by me. I appreciate when occupied with a family with children they must love them.
I do like a gated community though.😊
Old 28 Oct 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
With the best will in the world no owner can cater for every taste but we do try hard to make our homes the best they can be.

Steve
This...
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As long as the villa is clean, tidy and comfortable I'm happy. Some of the more modern villas are asking silly money now!

The only thing that we have found that isn't brilliant is any villa is the hairdryers, but I'm told thats to do with the voltage rather than the hairdryer itself?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List