Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Dec 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
GRDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Express pass hotels - worth it?

Hi all,

We’re going in August (2 adults, 4 kids) and staying in a villa for our stay.

I’m thinking about booking one of the Universal hotels (that include early entry and express passes) just for one night.

On experience do people think it’s worth it? I’m thinking especially as we’re going at such a busy period?

Opinions welcome 😊

Thanks

Gill

WDW Private Villa June 2008
DLP Cheyenne nov/Dec 2011 & Aug 2012
WDW Private Villa Aug 2013
GRDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolute no brained, much cheaper than purchasing them, problem is you have 6 max 5 in a room, bondy
BONDY LAD is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

100% yes, especially in August. You will get so much done in such a short space of time and it’s such a stress free experience. The only ride you can’t use the Express pass on is Hagrid (well that was the case when we were there this summer). All the rest were walk ons.

I’d suggest looking at the Portofino Bay as the rooms are much larger than at RPH or Hard Rock but I’m not sure they would allow 6 in a room though, you might need two rooms.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You are going to need 2 rooms so it’s going to be expensive. Possibly over £600 for one night!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you have the 14 day ticket and going towards the end of August I would chance it without the express passes
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by GRDisney View Post
Hi all,

We’re going in August (2 adults, 4 kids) and staying in a villa for our stay.

I’m thinking about booking one of the Universal hotels (that include early entry and express passes) just for one night.

On experience do people think it’s worth it? I’m thinking especially as we’re going at such a busy period?

Opinions welcome 😊

Thanks

Gill
Totally worth it. I don't travel in school holidays and effectively go in "low season" but I wouldn't even think about going with out express passes. I have seen only a few less popular rides with short queues.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've never been to Universal without staying in either RPR, HRH or PBH, and we generally stay for 4 or 5 nights.

I'd never visit without.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We've never been to Universal without staying in either RPR, HRH or PBH, and we generally stay for 4 or 5 nights.

I'd never visit without.
I have stayed for 12 nights and 7 nights but I still don't want to spend hours a day standing in boring queues.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

The last 2 weeks of August are often quietish and you may not need Express passes.
Old 25 Dec 19, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I did it with and without this year. Spent 5 nights Aventura. We really enjoyed it there, hit the parks early and didn’t queue much- particularly at Universal Studios. When we came back at the end of the holiday we had a night at Hard Rock and mopped up the ones that had long queues (not many - really just the Hulk) and redid our favourites in Islands of Adventure such as Spider-Man.
We liked Hard Rock more than we thought we would and if I ever do Universal again I’d stop there maybe 4 nights. We really liked Aventura as well though.