Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would shift your dates and POFQ with a plan to book somewhere else for the last few nights if you need to. If you don’t mind where you stay for those last few nights you could leave it quite late to see if POFQ becomes available.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
magic moments
Apprentice Imagineer

It looks like POFQ is available to book on a room only basis through WDW US. You could request to remain in the same room. You would lose the QSDP for the last 4 days. I believe there is free cancellation with WDW US so if POFQ becomes available on the UK site you could add those dates on to you free dining booking.
magic moments is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I think that the £700 for an extra three nights and presumably the dining plan upgrade as well (unless you already upgraded POFQ) is an excellent deal.

But if you really want to stay at POFQ and prefer the less sprawled out resorts, I would probably hang fire for now. Later on you could extend if it becomes available or it could be a perfect opportunity to try out a resort you have always wanted to go to. Your dining room credits from POFQ, if you have any left, would still work on your check out day so first day in the new hotel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Thank you We had already upgraded the dining plan so the 700 is effectively just to move to SSR.

I'm going to keep on checking availability but seriously tempted to pay the extra for beach club. With the kids being so small the downtime and resort is quite important (as want to factor rest time) but is it worth the extra!

I'm rubbish at decisions lol!
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Thank you We had already upgraded the dining plan so the 700 is effectively just to move to SSR.

I'm going to keep on checking availability but seriously tempted to pay the extra for beach club. With the kids being so small the downtime and resort is quite important (as want to factor rest time) but is it worth the extra!

I'm rubbish at decisions lol!
I have tagged a couple of days onto the end of my December trip because of flight availability. I went for Beach Club and as we won’t have a dining plan I decided to go club level too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

I really dislike SSR, sorry but stick to what you’ve got. Keep checking they always seem to release more closer to the date of departure 😊
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
I really dislike SSR, sorry but stick to what you’ve got. Keep checking they always seem to release more closer to the date of departure 😊
Oh no how come you don’t like it? I’m nervous waiting lol
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We loved our stay at SSR and would happily stay there again.

Unless money wasn’t an issue I wouldn’t spend an extra £1500 but only you can decide that.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

We adored pofq and would love to stay there again and again, nicest feel to a hotel we have ever stayed in. Our family size now too big for a stay here, unless we win the lottery in which case we will book two rooms 😂
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I was happy with pofq it’s not available though so it’s the wait or change dilemma