Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jun 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
You should be able to do that right now on the Disney website, just input your dates and select hotel only or hotel and tickets only.
Yes
Was referring to being able to compare current rates i’m getting (I got the quote sub £280 on the Disney & universal stays as had run the figures in the Disney site & then TRep for RPR, first). I recall checking rates last year for POR for this summer and it was from memory around £1500 more but thought would be good to get an idea from ppl who had actually stayed at that time of year, that resort, with the plan.
Hopefully that makes sense! It’s been ‘one of those’ work weeks so far!

Edited at 07:54 PM.
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
Yes
Was referring to being able to compare current rates i’m getting (I got the quote sub £280 on the Disney & universal stays as had run the figures in the Disney site & then TRep for RPR, first). I recall checking rates last year for POR for this summer and it was from memory around £1500 more but thought would be good to get an idea from ppl who had actually stayed at that time of year, that resort, with the plan.
Hopefully that makes sense! It’s been ‘one of those’ work weeks so far!
I’m not sure what you mean? If you price up for your dates on the Disney site and remove the discount for buying hotel and tickets that will give you what the price would be should they re-introduce free dining. The current price is full price with only a minimal discount for booking tickets and hotel together.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We're like everyone else where we are at a loss of what to do!

Original plan was CBR for 13 nights in October 2021 (which we have booked) but now with no dining plan, what looks like no FastPass for 2021 and then the whole park reservation system ontop of everything else, we're now looking at moving to Universal for our full stay for the first time!

We've only ever stayed at Disney so i have that nervous worry of "will we enjoy our holiday the same?" Although I do feel the same with regards to whats the point when it doesn't come with any perks that make it worth it anymore.

What frustrates me is how well Universal seem to have adjusted to the COVID situation and generally appear to be handling the park/hotel situation pretty well yet Disney seems like a bit of a disaster?!
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shinealight
Getting Excited

We were booked 11 nights at Port Orleans: Riverside then 4 complimentary nights at Port Orleans: French Quarter for May 2020. Obviously had to cancel.

Now that we have a bit more information on what the situation is like we have decided to do (May 2021) : -

4 complimentary nights at CBR (using DME for transportation from MCO)
1 night at Universal Cabana Bay (we're not doing Universal Parks but love City Walk)
10 nights at a Hotel in Maingate Kissimmee (undecided which one, any suggestions?)

We've only ever stayed at Disney Resorts every time we've been so staying off-site will be a new experience and I'm looking forward to trying out different restaurants etc.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
Shinealight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’m not sure what you mean? If you price up for your dates on the Disney site and remove the discount for buying hotel and tickets that will give you what the price would be should they re-introduce free dining. The current price is full price with only a minimal discount for booking tickets and hotel together.
The figures for room with tickets don’t correlate with the figures I used to get when running quotes including free dining. Free dining isn’t free, the room rates are higher to account for that - is my understanding anyhow.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaft88 View Post
We're like everyone else where we are at a loss of what to do!

Original plan was CBR for 13 nights in October 2021 (which we have booked) but now with no dining plan, what looks like no FastPass for 2021 and then the whole park reservation system ontop of everything else, we're now looking at moving to Universal for our full stay for the first time!

We've only ever stayed at Disney so i have that nervous worry of "will we enjoy our holiday the same?" Although I do feel the same with regards to whats the point when it doesn't come with any perks that make it worth it anymore.

What frustrates me is how well Universal seem to have adjusted to the COVID situation and generally appear to be handling the park/hotel situation pretty well yet Disney seems like a bit of a disaster?!
Universal onsite is fab, nice being so close to city walk etc - club level is worth looking at.

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Old 25 Jun 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shinealight View Post
We were booked 11 nights at Port Orleans: Riverside then 4 complimentary nights at Port Orleans: French Quarter for May 2020. Obviously had to cancel.

Now that we have a bit more information on what the situation is like we have decided to do (May 2021) : -

4 complimentary nights at CBR (using DME for transportation from MCO)
1 night at Universal Cabana Bay (we're not doing Universal Parks but love City Walk)
10 nights at a Hotel in Maingate Kissimmee (undecided which one, any suggestions?)

We've only ever stayed at Disney Resorts every time we've been so staying off-site will be a new experience and I'm looking forward to trying out different restaurants etc.
Don’t think it’s in maingate but was nearby from memory. Cane island apartments are very good and cost effective, we booked on travel republic last time. It was sub £700 for 11 nights, 3 bedroom, decent pool on site and very quiet. Just an idea.

Old 26 Jun 20, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
The figures for room with tickets don’t correlate with the figures I used to get when running quotes including free dining. Free dining isn’t free, the room rates are higher to account for that - is my understanding anyhow.
No, the room rates are full price which is what they are now but with a small discount for also buying park tickets as I said. So free dining is free it just that there isn’t also a discount on the room rates. You can’t really equate current prices for 2021 with previous free dining prices as room rates have increased as they do every year and have increased significantly. Were Disney to offer free dining the room cost would be what it is now.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think I have worked out where my workings out have failed me 😂 ...I always priced resort including the upgrade from quick service dining plan. Hence it was that bumping up the price ...what can I say, lol.

Old 26 Jun 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

We transferred from 5 nights with free qsdp at POR july 2020 to the same package and dates july 2021.

We had free dining and a $300 in gift cards

We lost both and had to stump up another €243 for our 2021 booking.

We also had to pay extra for our 21 day ult tickets (which I gather are no longer on sale and I may 'lose' these too as I hear they are being swapped for 14 days and reimbursement of the price difference (€50)!

So plan B was to go at Xmas and I booked all most of my DVC points to do it BUT thats not now an option because they wouldnt sell me any 2020 tickets (i missed the deadline by about 2 days! )

So now Plan B is to downgrade to a value resort and pay for qsdp
Plan C is to leave it and go to Universal

Plan D-is to throw it all up in the air and either forget it (Plan E) OR see where it lands(Plan F)!

or should I also add the word -off...-You get the idea!

Sorry don't mean to be rude.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List