Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 20 Jun 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I would look at a ‘duo’. You could fly in to Washington DC at Dulles and then see the Hazy Centre (Enola Gay, A shuttle, a Blackbird and hundreds of other aircraft (free admission).

You could then go in to Washington and stay near to R Reagan Int that is itself within a half mile of the Lincoln Memorial, Pentagon and Arlington. A $5 taxi next day goes past the Pentagon and puts you at the Lincoln and therefore walking distance to the whole Mall, the Smithsonian Museums, the White House and the Capitol (all free). Smithsonian airspace will show you (all originals).
The Wright flyer
1st supersonic
Apollo 11 capsule
Lindbergh Spirit of St Louis.
X15

Either a flight out of R Reagan next morning (1 hour flight) or an AMTRAC train (4 hour journey, but to Penn Station in the middle of Manhattan and my preferred option on price, convenience and overall time taken). You can then have a couple of days seeing the numerous attractions of NY.

Fly home direct from either Newark or JFK. Both are easy to reach. Those 5 or so days give you an awful lot of bang for your buck(s)... World rated history, world rated buildings, plane and train experiences.

You could do it the other way round, but I reckon you will get a better flight deal home from NY than DC.

Hoping it helps.

Thanks so much for that, definitely some food for thought there. We love aviation so the aircraft related experiences would be on the to-do list.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Reagards the prices , sit back and wait. The current state of the economy in the US and the number of people unemployed could be a significant factor on prices for next year. Also if they can increase the number of people in the park and remove the reservation system I think we will then start to see multi day multi park tickets come back (or am i just hoping)
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sully unfortunately the days of non-expiry are not coming back IMO, there was a reason that they got rid of it, as they very quickly increased the cost to the point that it was only just less than 2 passes with the obvious result of reduced uptake. You could almost argue that "we" have been given preferential treatment as the Ultimates are by far the better deal for longer holidays but the flip side being that the US had more options on lesser days. This does leave them with a problem though, if they wish to address it, in that UK/Euro guests vacation longer & on a 3 week holiday they'll "lose" revenue on those 7 days- the price difference between a 10 or 14 Ultimate & an AP is too much to make it of any value unless you can get a second (preferably a 3rd) out of it.
Maybe the "ultimates" in some new form will be back in 2022. Totally agree on Universal, their price shot up rather quickly & there is something really wrong when a UAP is cheaper than a UK 14 ticket! I suppose we do all have to consider that the FX rate is also a big factor
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

I think days of a predominately 2 week
Disney based park holiday are coming to an end, certainly in the short term. I guess people will just choose a Multi park holiday if they want to do 2 weeks of parks.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Reagards the prices , sit back and wait. The current state of the economy in the US and the number of people unemployed could be a significant factor on prices for next year. Also if they can increase the number of people in the park and remove the reservation system I think we will then start to see multi day multi park tickets come back (or am i just hoping)
Most analysts in the US are saying that the currently high unemployment numbers will prove to be a temporary issue after 2020. I don't expect prices on anything at all in this country to go down due to this phenomenon!
As for Disney, they will never have a problem filling their parks with all of the guests they want, at whatever price the market will bear, at whatever terms they choose.
With this being said, I think one day they will return to multi day park hopper tickets - and charge up for them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I think the 14/21 day tickets will come back. They know UK people like to holiday for 14 days so are keen to get you onsite for all of that.

I think as soon as they work out how this new system is working and as restrictions get relaxed they will bring them back. Right now they are doing as much as they can do discourage people from visiting the parks as they cant have 1000s there like they want.
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Reddevil99
Excited about Disney

I think it will be the ultimate tickets always available but with a change to terms which will be basically no park hopping.
Reddevil99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:02 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The Disney and Universal UK 7/14 day tickets have been massively rising for the last few years. They really don't hold anywhere near the value they used to.

The US ticket prices are not too far off the UK ones.

I don't think they will permanently get rid of the 14 day tickets. Why wouldn't Disney not want you to spend every day of your holiday in thier parks.

If they did get rid and force you to buy US style deals I would think most families would look to budget and maybe only buy 3/4/5 days. Would certainly drive more Brits to Universal imo.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The MYW tickets are cheaper if you specify a date. If you go late July then 10 days without hopping is $614

Hopping takes it up to $704

It sounds like there won’t be any hopping initially.

$604 is £488.

It’s still more ££ for less parks / features. But not quite as scary as $800
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Were ultimates (or similar) ever on sale in any other country?- I wondered if Disney will bring UK in line with other countries to minimise crowd levels (ie If someone visits 1 park one day, then they won’t be visiting another park the same day)
This allows Disney to keep crowds down long term (or sell more tickets to fill the other park) if you see what I mean.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List