Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 Sep 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
How long are you going for? I'm doing both next year. 7 nights at Universal, staying at Sapphire Falls. Then 5 nights at Disney, staying at the Polynesian. I'll also do a split stay the following year.
We go in a two week half term in October. We usually have between 9 and 11 nights-often find flight prices go up a lot if you try to squeeze an extra night in. So far we have just stayed onsite at Disney.

We tend to do half to 3/4 days in the parks and 6 days like that does Disney for us. We like to have a couple of non park days usually a mixture of shopping and relaxing at the resort, and may do an evening on one of those days if we feel like it. I guess as our six days includes 2 at MK to get everything done and then a third to mop up anything we missed and do our favourites we could get by with 5 park days but we’d still need one rest day there and probably most of another on the “transfer” day, so a minimum Disney stay for us is 7 nights, but it’s feeling a bit rushed to me and less like fun.

For 2022 if we do Universal next year then I guess we don’t need much time there on a return trip so three whole days would do, so I guess it just fits in particularly if flight prices allow 12 nights but that’s our maximum due to school (and a bit of time to recover from jet lag)

My concern is my son doesn’t like big rides he doesn’t even like Mine Train, Thunder Mountain and Test Track so Universal was a back up plan for this year when we couldn’t commit to paying up our deposit only Disney Tickets. As I said not sure in our circumstances two years worth of Universal trips are such good value as they may be for others.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
willssv
Excited about Disney

If you buy an annual pass do you get any reductions in hotel stays. The perks imply that you do but I couldn't see why this could be applied?
willssv is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

All levels of pass get AP room discounts. You can search for AP rates about 3 months in advance using this link :-

res.windsurfercrs/ibe/de...688.1544212394
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
All levels of pass get AP room discounts. You can search for AP rates about 3 months in advance using this link :-

res.windsurfercrs/ibe/de...688.1544212394
Word of warning though when I was looking at this when the 15 months A/P was first offered, the discounts weren’t that great. In fact for many room types the standard rates offered by Universal were better. However all Universal rooms are cancelable up to about a week before so you could book something and then keep an eye out for any good AP rates later. The rates I just looked at for this October when we should have been going look fantastic though!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Word of warning though when I was looking at this when the 15 months A/P was first offered, the discounts weren’t that great. In fact for many room types the standard rates offered by Universal were better. However all Universal rooms are cancelable up to about a week before so you could book something and then keep an eye out for any good AP rates later. The rates I just looked at for this October when we should have been going look fantastic though!
I got one because I plan on going twice during the 15 months and it's cheaper than 2 normal tickets.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by FlyDriver View Post
Really really tempted by this, especially with no activation date and I should be able to get at least three holiday uses out of it. I have emailed Universal as well, just in case for my own personal record confirming this and await the reply.

Edit to just update my own post with the exact wording of reply.

"Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort Guest Services.

I am pleased to learn of your interest in becoming a part of our Universal Orlando Annual Passholder family! In order to receive the current Annual Passholder Promotion for three (3) months free you would need to purchase your pass prior to the promotion end date, which is September 30, 2020. This promotional offering will be honored regardless of when you use or activate your passes because you are specifically purchasing this pass during the promotion. I hope this information was helpful."
I've just received a similar reply so I think we're going to buy 4 of the seasonal pass. Will try to get at least 3 uses out of the tickets.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Does anyone know either the historic blackout days or when they confirm blackout days for 2021? We normally go in October half term but BA prices are relatively good last half of August which we could still do. From what I can see it’s normally first half of August you can’t use seasonal passes at Volcano bay, so wonder if that is the usual pattern, as if so could get away with Seasonal passes.
Old 19 Sep 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Does anyone know either the historic blackout days or when they confirm blackout days for 2021? We normally go in October half term but BA prices are relatively good last half of August which we could still do. From what I can see it’s normally first half of August you can’t use seasonal passes at Volcano bay, so wonder if that is the usual pattern, as if so could get away with Seasonal passes.
The blackout days move with Easter, you can see the pattern by comparing what days Easter Monday has fallen on in previous years.

Also most US schools usually go back on the Monday closest to 15 August so that is when the August black out will usually end.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
The blackout days move with Easter, you can see the pattern by comparing what days Easter Monday has fallen on in previous years.

Also most US schools usually go back on the Monday closest to 15 August so that is when the August black out will usually end.
Brilliant thanks. Not planning on going at Easter but might go end of August so that would all work for us
Old 19 Sep 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

Hi
I take it you can only pick up the AP's at the guest services window and they don't post them to the Uk (daft question sorry) Do you get an order number to show when you pick them up? We have never had AP's before but always toyed with the idea and this seems like a good offer as we will be going twice in the 15 months

Thanks
Mike
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List