Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 12 Aug 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Question for the digital camera experts

looking to buy a nice mirrorless camera for DW for her birthday. something good, not extortionate and not to bulky when carrying around, i have seen some great reviews on the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark 111 with the 14-42mm EZ 'pancake' lens, apparently digital camera worlds favourite travel camera, i would appreciate any reviews, alternative suggestions or tips for good places to buy etc

thanks

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
looking to buy a nice mirrorless camera for DW for her birthday. something good, not extortionate and not to bulky when carrying around, i have seen some great reviews on the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark 111 with the 14-42mm EZ 'pancake' lens, apparently digital camera worlds favourite travel camera, i would appreciate any reviews, alternative suggestions or tips for good places to buy etc

thanks
Much as I would love to help i have no experience of this particular camera. I get the feeling that olympus isn't one of the most popular brands with photographers which is a shame because I have had 2 Olympus DSLRs and they were such a quality build they were a pleasure to use.

I hardly use a DSLR these days as I rely on my phone camera because it is so convenient (I know , flog me now) but DW (caj- also on the dibb) loves her DSLR

If you to buy a new camera please come back and let us know what you think

BB
Old 12 Aug 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

You’ll probably get a good deal
on an Olympus right now as they’re pulling out of the camera market.
The photo trade is a bizarre place to be right now...

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I have a Sony mirrorless camera. It was about Ł400. I really like it. I only have the kit lens.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Any other views ?

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have no knowledge whatsoever.

However my Son bought a Sony HX350 for when he went to NY last year and I must say his pictures are really good.

Best I can do sorry.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Sony alpha6000 range (or its newer or (older) replacements/(predecessor which can usually be picked up on ebay or MPB) -- Superb range of lenses from the usual suspects and the kit lenses can be quite a bargain.

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Sony alpha6000 range (or its newer or (older) replacements/(predecessor which can usually be picked up on ebay or MPB) -- Superb range of lenses from the usual suspects and the kit lenses (decent if not very fast) can be quite a bargain

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d recommend Fuji cameras. They’re lightweight but with great build quality, excellent performance and also a good selection of lenses. You can of course use most manufacturers lenses with the relevant body adapter meaning there are some excellent secondhand lens options available!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I'd probably avoid the Olympus unfortunately. As mentioned earlier Olympus have pulled out of the consumer digital imaging market; at least its been sold by Olympus to an investment company much like Kodak is a name owned by an investment company making everything.

The Canon EOS M50 is a nice compact mirrorless camera which gets good reviews for photo and video work, though the EOS M mount isn't massively supported by Canon you can get a EOS M to EOS EF adapter and there's a lot of those lenses out there.

Otherwise a Sony Alpha A6000 would be a good option from friends I have who started slr photography.
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List