Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 28 Sep 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Anyone hanging on to book for half term?

I think we are!

We went to Rhodes in August for a week at a fraction of the price it would normally cost us for a family of 5 all inclusive.

Sorely tempted to do similar for Oct half term. Tui seem to have some good deals so considering waiting until a few days before and booking. Never been to either of those places in October- anyone know what the weather is like or have any recommendations?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to Rhodes once in the October Break and the weather was around 21-22 during the day, for a bit warmer we now prefer Turkey and are booked for next month. Cyprus is similar temperatures though a bit of a faff with the negative test before travel just now.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We're tentatively looking for October half term. TUI and Jet2 have some amazing prices but they're generally for areas that are still on the 'no-go' list for travel corridors. I was very tempted to gamble on a hotel in Majorca last night knowing that they offer a £500 booking incentive if it doesn't get added to the travel corridor list by half term. I've been looking at Majorca, Fuerteventura, Kos and Rhodes.

We're actually booked to go to Wales with family and at the moment there are 2 too many of us. Me and hubby have offered not to go as that means everyone else can still go away. We need to leave booking elsewhere until last minute, on the slim change we can still go to Wales.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We are off work next week and currently there is only Turkey on TUI (except Cyprus but you need a Covid test) and we are hovering over the book button.

We have to be off or he will lose his annual leave.
So it's Turkey or sit at home for 2 weeks.
(He won't entertain the UK for a holiday at this time of year)
He says rather sit in the warm chilling and doing road trips along the Turkish coast than sit here.

We went to Rhodes last month. It was fab. Loved it, wonderful adult only hotel (Well, would rather have been in Florida of course, but it was a welcome break SOMEwhere as we cannot go West, we went East instead! )
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

If I had kids of school age I would not be booking anything with the risk of being quarantined for 14 days when they get back.

If it was without kids I'd be booking with a fully flexible carrier, with BA that means dates can be changed up to 24hrs before the flight.

We are going to Lanzarote on 31st October, I'm working from home anyway so no difference and daughter is at Uni doing a module, but it's all remote learning so she can do it when we are away and no impact if quarantined when we get back.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Just been looking into Turkey travel requirements and it says they need 6 months on your passport- I’m sure two of the kids are due to expire in March so might not be able to go as not quite 6 months... darn! Not sure how strictly this is enforced?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We went to Turkey in August and I think it's officially 6-months rather than an advisory.

This is from the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs website -
You are kindly advised to have a travel document/passport valid for at least 6 months as from the date of your arrival in Turkey. so I wouldn't risk it.

My passport expires in March so I applied for a new one as soon as I got back from Turkey, just in case we decide to go again in October.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Just checked- doesn’t expire until July so would be ok 😬.
Endless Summer 2023
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
If I had kids of school age I would not be booking anything with the risk of being quarantined for 14 days when they get back.

If it was without kids I'd be booking with a fully flexible carrier, with BA that means dates can be changed up to 24hrs before the flight.

We are going to Lanzarote on 31st October, I'm working from home anyway so no difference and daughter is at Uni doing a module, but it's all remote learning so she can do it when we are away and no impact if quarantined when we get back.
It’s not so much the quarantine on return that I would be concerned about as we’d only book if it was relatively low risk ( ie cases falling etc), the bigger risk is if the kids have to quarantine before we go due to someone in the class testing positive! So difficult! The risk you take though at the moment 😩
Endless Summer 2023
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I’m holding out for Turkey too and will book literally as they break up.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List