Notices

Old 15 Mar 15, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Great sounding trip. We are planning another West Coast trip for 2016 and are planning on taking the pace down a bit with a bit more relax time at the beautiful beaches.

Interested to see where you stay in Santa Barbara.
At Santa Barbara we'll be at the Upham Hotel, at De La Vina Street:

expedia/Santa-Barba...Fevpwgod5E8ANQ

We originally approached Spanish Inn but having been ignored twice when we emailed we sought elsewhere.

Dogwalker - look forward to bumping into you - I will probably be wearing my multi coloured Mickey head T shirt.

Edited at 09:19 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGill
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyGill's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Looks like another fabulous trip you have planned! Always love reading your trip reports and vicariously living your west coast holidays until we go one day ourselves!
Gill
DisneyGill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Sounds fantastic, looking forward to the trip report...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 15, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessBower
Getting Excited

We're almost following you! But not until September, we're staying at the Argonaut, followed by a night in Carmel then pismo at the Seaventure, then Grand Californian! but we've got Vegas before SF. I can't wait to read your trip report.
PrincessBower is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post

So today I've managed to book a helicopter flight over San Francisco followed by a dinner cruise on the Bay. This will take place on 5th July - one day after our anniversary because, of course, we'll be celebrating on 4th July with the Bay fireworks.
Old 10 Apr 15, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
So today I've managed to book a helicopter flight over San Francisco followed by a dinner cruise on the Bay. This will take place on 5th July - one day after our anniversary because, of course, we'll be celebrating on 4th July with the Bay fireworks.
Ooh nice!
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 15, 05:09 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Sounds great, I am in the beginning stages of starting to plan our first ever trip to the West Coast (daunting!) so will be following along with interest

As it happens the Argonaut is one of the hotels in San Fran I was looking at, I will have to take a look at some of the other places you've booked now too.

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 15, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

And the planning goes on. All meals now arranged at Disneyland - Napa Rose, ine Country Trattoria - (gets us VIP place at World of Color), Cafe Orleans, Carthay Circle (this is really fab), Caranation cafe (for the actual 60th celebrations day and Blue Bayou. Booking at Disneyland is SO easy. You do it at 60 days before and you do it online. All sorted within 3 minutes per booking. We have yet to book the "Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps" tour but booking for that is at 30 days before.
I've organised a State Park day out whilst we are at Pismo. The Montana de Oro park has stunning coastal views. And I've booked restaurants in Santa Barbara - the Barbareno comes with stunning recommendations.
Old 22 May 15, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Sounds super exciting Geoff, and not long to go now.

You will love Whale Watching. We went whilst we were out last year, we went from Long Beach and saw Blue Whales which was fab, a huge (literally) highlight of our trip. We did look at Monterey but in the end we only played a flying visit there on our way to Yosemite, but the tours look amazing there so you guys will love it!

Really looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 15, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Sounds super exciting Geoff, and not long to go now.

You will love Whale Watching. We went whilst we were out last year, we went from Long Beach and saw Blue Whales which was fab, a huge (literally) highlight of our trip. We did look at Monterey but in the end we only played a flying visit there on our way to Yosemite, but the tours look amazing there so you guys will love it!

Really looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back
Thanks. Yes, the excitement is building. Really looking forward to the whale watching.