Notices

Old 5 May 16, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Oh that does actually sound really good, I would love to try something else and tbh the travel time wouldn't really bother me. The only reason we're thinking of doing the helicopter tour is becuase Amy has never been before, so I didn't know if that would be more wow/ spectacular? Are you going to pre book the south rim tour or wait until you get there? I might look at the options whilst we are over there and see if she would be interested in doing that.

Completely agree, 5 days in Vegas wasn't enough for me, I did the main things I wanted to do, but still missed loads out.

Tbh I don't think the hotel matters too much, it's all about being there at the end of the day isn't it? As long as you have somewhere comfortable to sleep! You never spend much time in the room anyway! But I understand what you mean, I would have loved to stay at the Venetian, but the price was far too high, and like you I am going away at the end of the year so needed to budget for that too.

I'm not sure if you have a car? In N Out isn't on the strip, its like a 5/10 minute drive from Caesars Palace, it's positioned just off the strip near to where The Rio Hotel is. We got a taxi to take us there through the drive thru in our drunken state

I actually heard about the unlimited prosecco on the Dibb, I googled it and the option is there, you have to pay a little more for the addition of the prosecco, but you are on holiday after all .

I agree, I am so glad I decided to write this, hearing everyones little tips is so great and gets you in the holiday spirit! x
Hey!

We have booked the Sunset Tour on line already, it's the only thing we have booked to do at the moment but I thought if we didn't then when we got there we would talk ourselves out of it. Like I said the reviews are great on TA, that was until the last few days... I must be the kiss of death Nothing too negative though, have a look as they also have some good photo's.

We are not driving so will probably give In N Out a miss, but thanks for the info, unless we have a drunken moment as well! - don't expect we will go short on burger options on the strip!

Yes not too worried about the Tropicana as we will just use it as a base. We have been looking at the places to eat outside the New York New York, which look good, handy for Shake Shack as well

Another thing I was going to mention was last time we had a really nice Mexican in a restaurant directly outside of the Fashion Show Mall so may give that a try - if it is still there of course (last time we went was 2013)

Not many more days for me to work, have my pre holiday haircut at the weekend & booked eyelash tint for next Wednesday! The temp expected for the end of next week in Vegas is 35, wow!

Cheers

Claire x
tclaireh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 16, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tclaireh View Post
Hey!

We have booked the Sunset Tour on line already, it's the only thing we have booked to do at the moment but I thought if we didn't then when we got there we would talk ourselves out of it. Like I said the reviews are great on TA, that was until the last few days... I must be the kiss of death Nothing too negative though, have a look as they also have some good photo's.

We are not driving so will probably give In N Out a miss, but thanks for the info, unless we have a drunken moment as well! - don't expect we will go short on burger options on the strip!

Yes not too worried about the Tropicana as we will just use it as a base. We have been looking at the places to eat outside the New York New York, which look good, handy for Shake Shack as well

Another thing I was going to mention was last time we had a really nice Mexican in a restaurant directly outside of the Fashion Show Mall so may give that a try - if it is still there of course (last time we went was 2013)

Not many more days for me to work, have my pre holiday haircut at the weekend & booked eyelash tint for next Wednesday! The temp expected for the end of next week in Vegas is 35, wow!

Cheers

Claire x
Haha, I know that feeling, we talked ourselves out of a few things on my last trip, therefore I made sure I booked things beforehand this time! I'm to look at TA now, as I really like the sound of the sunset tour, I just looked on the Grand Adventures website, the price is more appealing than the helicopter tour as well

Yeah I don't think I will go to In N Out unless I had a car, plenty of places along the strip, like you said Shake Shack, I can't wait to go there.

Do you plan on seeing any shows or anything else whilst your there?

Ooo I will have to keep an eye out for the Mexican place, I love Mexican food and I know Amy does too!

I'm jealous, I still have 15 working days left! but I know it will come round quickly! O Wow, that is a good temperature, very different to here ay? haha, I think it's going to be a shock to the system, especially as it was quite chilly in Vegas in December!

You'll have to keep me updated once you're back and let me know how your trip was and give me some last minute tips! X

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 16, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Haha, I know that feeling, we talked ourselves out of a few things on my last trip, therefore I made sure I booked things beforehand this time! I'm to look at TA now, as I really like the sound of the sunset tour, I just looked on the Grand Adventures website, the price is more appealing than the helicopter tour as well

Yeah I don't think I will go to In N Out unless I had a car, plenty of places along the strip, like you said Shake Shack, I can't wait to go there.

Do you plan on seeing any shows or anything else whilst your there?

Ooo I will have to keep an eye out for the Mexican place, I love Mexican food and I know Amy does too!

I'm jealous, I still have 15 working days left! but I know it will come round quickly! O Wow, that is a good temperature, very different to here ay? haha, I think it's going to be a shock to the system, especially as it was quite chilly in Vegas in December!

You'll have to keep me updated once you're back and let me know how your trip was and give me some last minute tips! X
Hi

Thinking of doing one Cirque, poss Michael Jackson, plus at least one other - toying with the idea of Matt Goss but not sure. Also plenty of shopping at the outlets and want to have some pics at the Vegas sign this time. Then just generally spending more time exploring the hotels & not running around them like last time - again a bonus of a longer stay!

I will def keep you updated, hopefully I will be able to send you a message live from Vegas
tclaireh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 16, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tclaireh View Post
Hi

Thinking of doing one Cirque, poss Michael Jackson, plus at least one other - toying with the idea of Matt Goss but not sure. Also plenty of shopping at the outlets and want to have some pics at the Vegas sign this time. Then just generally spending more time exploring the hotels & not running around them like last time - again a bonus of a longer stay!

I will def keep you updated, hopefully I will be able to send you a message live from Vegas
That is my plan too! Do some exploring without feeling rushed!

Yes that sounds good, I will be jealous by your message! Not long now

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip. We loved Vegas when we visited in 2014 so much so that we going back this July. We too stayed in a deluxe room in the palace tower in Caesars,you will love it. It's certainly an iconic hotel. Would happily stay there again but we wanted to try somewhere New so we booked the Cosmo for this year. Have a great time
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 16, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

We done the south rim sunset tour with grand adventures and it was amazing. We booked it so I could watch the sunset on my last day of my 30`s (there for both our 40th birthdays). It was unforgettable. The travelling is fine,you stop lots on the way there and we slept on the way back. We left at 6:30am and got back around 10:30PM but that was Oct so sunset is earlier than in summer. Any questions feel free to ask
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
Sounds like a great trip. We loved Vegas when we visited in 2014 so much so that we going back this July. We too stayed in a deluxe room in the palace tower in Caesars,you will love it. It's certainly an iconic hotel. Would happily stay there again but we wanted to try somewhere New so we booked the Cosmo for this year. Have a great time
We done the south rim sunset tour with grand adventures and it was amazing. We booked it so I could watch the sunset on my last day of my 30`s (there for both our 40th birthdays). It was unforgettable. The travelling is fine,you stop lots on the way there and we slept on the way back. We left at 6:30am and got back around 10:30PM but that was Oct so sunset is earlier than in summer. Any questions feel free to ask
You got the Vegas bug too, someone said to me yesterday "I don't see the appeal to Vegas", but it is such a great place. The Cosmo looks lovely, if I go back to Vegas, I would look to stay either there or the Venetian, I really loved the Venetian. How long are you heading back for this time?

I am really keen to do the south rim tour, it sounds incredible and tbh the travel time wouldn't bother me, I have done long car journeys in the past as both passenger and driver.

Did you pre book your tour or did you book it whilst you were over there?

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 10 May 16, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

You got the Vegas bug too, someone said to me yesterday "I don't see the appeal to Vegas", but it is such a great place. The Cosmo looks lovely, if I go back to Vegas, I would look to stay either there or the Venetian, I really loved the Venetian. How long are you heading back for this time?

I am really keen to do the south rim tour, it sounds incredible and tbh the travel time wouldn't bother me, I have done long car journeys in the past as both passenger and driver.

Did you pre book your tour or did you book it whilst you were over there?
We are only there 3 nights this time on our way from Chicago to La. Love Vegas! We prebooked the tour online before we went. Have a great trip 😊
USA east-west June 16
Old 11 May 16, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

We are only there 3 nights this time on our way from Chicago to La. Love Vegas! We prebooked the tour online before we went. Have a great trip 😊
Thank you, I am really tempted to do this tour, but don't know if Amy will be up for it as she has her heart set on the helicopter, I will need to speak to her

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 28 May 16, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Hi

Don't know if you will get to see this before you go... you must be super excited by now

Well I have been, gone & come back! Sad times

We had a great time! Just wanted to share a few things that we thought were great in case you were interested, hot off the press!

Best burger was at Gordon Ramsey's - superb, if you get a chance do it!

Grand Adventures - had a fab day, pity that the weather was cloudy as that meant the sunset wasn't as great as it could have been, still the view was tremendous & loved the stop at Route 66.

The weather - it was lovely & great for walking around but a lot cooler than the normal - last time we went it was unbearable but this time I needed a hoodie a couple of evenings.

The Trop, we had an upgrade for £25 pn to a huge suite - really liked the place soooo much better than expected - place was spotless but under new management so that may be why the place has picked up. It wasn't the Bellagio but hey it was half the price

Flights with Virgin, bagged 3 seats on the way out & back for no extra cost for the 2 of us.

Wicked Spoon, great buffet - had the brunch & upgraded to the unlimited champagne for 15 dollars - husband wasn't so sure as he had Mimosa's & felt they were a bit sickly but I love sushi & made the most of this where as he doesn't!

Shows, saw the CDS show, Michael Jackson & Criss Angel at the Luxor, both were amazing & very different to things we have already seen.

Hope you have a great time, look forward to your report when you get back!

Take Care & Have An Awesome Time!

Claire XXX