abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Yay, another trip report from you 😄

All your plans sound fab so far.
Thanks! It seems a lifetime away at the moment! Luckily we have a couple of smaller holidays before then but this is the one I'm counting down the days until!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Abi only just seen this! Great pre trippie sounds like it's going to be amazing. 😊 I always get hungry when I see your food pictures I hope you get to try everything x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by orlandolover04 View Post
Abi only just seen this! Great pre trippie sounds like it's going to be amazing. 😊 I always get hungry when I see your food pictures I hope you get to try everything x
Here's hoping! I've set out on a major weight loss attempt in preparation for this holiday! 3 stone needs to be gone so I can enjoy putting some of it back on guilt free! haha.

Thanks for reading along!

Edited at 03:45 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Those cronuts 😍😍😍😍 Did you see that Richard Adawade programme where he had them? 😋😋😋 Good luck!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Sounds like this will be such a great trip.

It looks like you've been very busy with your planning - it's putting me to shame. Other than the flights, I've booked nothing concrete for our West Coast trip next year, and am still dithering over how long to spend where. You've got to tell me how you do it. I just can't seem to make a decision when there's so much choice.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Those cronuts 😍😍😍😍 Did you see that Richard Adawade programme where he had them? 😋😋😋 Good luck!
Aww no I didn't, love that guy to, he creases me with some of his one liners

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Sounds like this will be such a great trip.

It looks like you've been very busy with your planning - it's putting me to shame. Other than the flights, I've booked nothing concrete for our West Coast trip next year, and am still dithering over how long to spend where. You've got to tell me how you do it. I just can't seem to make a decision when there's so much choice.
I just throw myself into it. Flights I get done first and then accommodation start to finish. I have booked all cancellable rates on the hotels so if a better deal comes along I haven't missed out. Seems to have paid off to book early though, our NY hotel which we have paid £760 approx for is now £1200 and our Anaheim on has gone from £780 to £1100 ish. So glad I secured affordable rates.

I use trip adviser to make a call on the hotel. I get the info on all the ones in budget & then go with the best rated on usually. It's paid off so far as we haven't had many duffs.
Old 14 Oct 16, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Update - NYC main meals

Continuing with the food planning, I have made a rough list of possibilities for our NYC meals. We can't fit them all in so something will have to give but these are on the wish list!

Juniors - Times Square

We ate here back in 2013 & really enjoyed our meal, the club sandwich was absolutely EPIC & I am desperate to have it again. I know a lot of people will say to avoid the Times Square restaurants but this was just so yummy & we want Laura to have a real tourist type holiday like we did on our first visit.

Tick Tock Diner - 42nd St

Whats an American holiday without a big breakfast on your first morning!? Last time we ate here Aaron had the sausage links which I tried and declared one of the best things I had ever tasted! He then told me that the McDonalds ones taste exactly the same Seems I have been missing out for years but I still can't bring myself to have a McDonalds breakfast!

Grimaldi's Pizza - Brooklyn

Last time we had Juliana's, I guess we will see how they compare!

Heartlands Brewery - 5th Ave

One of our faves from both previous trips, both the food & drink here are great!

Jacobs Pickles - Upper East

This is where we will be meeting Jon for lunch, the name seriously puts me off (I hate pickles/gherkins with a passion) but the photos of their chicken & pancakes has drawn me in! Drool

Shake Shack - All over

There is no way we can wonder around NYC without grabbing a burger at some point! Maybe a milkshake too, oh and some fries and if i'm forces a frozen custard dessert!

Panda Express - JFK

One of the best things we ever did was grab a Panda tray to take on our flight back to the UK. Sorry to all those around us eating the shocking plane food This time it will be for the flight to LAX!

Edited at 01:40 PM.
Old 14 Oct 16, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Continuing with the food planning, I have made a rough list of possibilities for our NYC meals. We can't fit them all in so something will have to give but these are on the wish list!

Juniors - Times Square

We ate here back in 2013 & really enjoyed our meal, the club sandwich was absolutely EPIC & I am desperate to have it again. I know a lot of people will say to avoid the Times Square restaurants but this was just so yummy & we want Laura to have a real tourist type holiday like we did on our first visit.

Tick Tock Diner - 42nd St

Whats an American holiday without a big breakfast on your first morning!? Last time we ate here Aaron had the sausage links which I tried and declared one of the best things I had ever tasted! He then told me that the McDonalds ones taste exactly the same Seems I have been missing out for years but I still can't bring myself to have a McDonalds breakfast!

Grimaldi's Pizza - Brooklyn

Last time we had Juliana's, I guess we will see how they compare!

Heartlands Brewery - 5th Ave

One of our faves from both previous trips, both the food & drink here are great!

Jacobs Pickles - Upper East

This is where we will be meeting Jon for lunch, the name seriously puts me off (I hate pickles/gherkins with a passion) but the photos of their chicken & pancakes has drawn me in! Drool

Shake Shack - All over

There is no way we can wonder around NYC without grabbing a burger at some point! Maybe a milkshake too, oh and some fires and if i'm forces a frozen custard dessert!

Panda Express - JFK

One of the best things we ever did was grab a Panda tray to take on our flight back to the UK. Sorry to all those around us eating the shocking plane food This time it will be for the flight to LAX!

That red velvet cake looks amazing!

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
I believe Hash House have the same menu location wide so the S'mores Hot Choccie should be available. I can also recommend the Chicken & Waffles! Yum!

I'm really looking forward to this trip. We have managed them all before separately but the 3 together should make for an amazing trip!

Definitely worth waiting until you can both share the driving for a West Coast trip. We did San Fran to San Diego in 2014 and shared the driving, it wouldn't have been fun to do it all myself,
Oh perfect, I will try and save room for one in Orlando then! Chicken and Waffles is what I want to have when I go!

Yeah it will definitely be one too remember!

Yeah that's what we are hoping to do, once he has his license start planning the trip!

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
That red velvet cake looks amazing!
Doesn't it just! I have all these food plans & then when we are there I am never able to order a dessert as I get too full on their main course portions! Better strategy needed I think!