Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the funeral today ?
Yes 97 60.25%
No 64 39.75%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Apr 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I did and I found it very moving.
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I did and while I respect it had to be dignified and respectful when I go (especially if I get to 99) I want it to be a celebration and happy for a life lived. I appreciate sadness of family that will miss the deceased but to have been loved and cared about during your life is a wonderful thing.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have truthfully in my 60 years only watched one Royal event on TV, Funerals, Weddings, anything. That was the tail end of the funeral of Lady Di, when the Hearse was driving down the streets and roads lined with people.

I have never in my life attended an event voluntarily when a member of the Royal Family was present, only than as a paid Duty.

I think Prince Philip a great old man who achieved plenty whilst giving a lot to the nation. His passing was a sad day. I would not however, envisage watching any part of today’s events.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

No purely as I don’t feel they should have to share their saddest moments with the world. Royal family or not they are still a family who has lost a loved one
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I was working so I have recorded it. I will, except watch parts but not all. Nor will I watch the chatter that goes with it.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I didn’t and I’m not a royalist. However i feel for a family who have lost a husband, father and grandfather. I did see the photo of the Queen alone at the service and teared up at the thought of a wife grieving alone without her children by her side. I think it’s heartbreaking that she, and many others, have had to go through that experience over the last 12 months.

I was out in my local town this afternoon for the first time since before Christmas doing non essential shopping. There was a 1 minute silence at 3pm which my family observed, as did around 90% of people in our local town centre
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

I was OK - until they showed the hat, gloves and blanket in the carriage - and the well used plastic tub for sugar cubes for the horses
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I watched it ( recorded) I thought the pomp and ceremony part was lovely, the queen looked extremely old , frail, and lonely, the singing in the service was very nice , but the actual service left me a bit cold. It was too religious for my liking and not enough about prince Philip himself. But to each his own ,
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List