Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Nov 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Agree that french toast looks yum, so much if it though!

I had the same as you on my one visit to Panda Express, orange chicken and Beijing beef. I didn’t rate it at all, bland not enough sauce and my chicken was 90% batter, I left most of my meal. Quite a few people commented on my dining report that they didn’t rate it either, it seems to be one of those marmite places.
I definitely don’t understand the hype around Panda Express. I was just so average and didn’t appeal at all.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I can't take the credit for Keke's, I was supposed to go after reading good things in someone else's report but never made it - bit gutted I didn't now it looks really good.
it might have been collybird then or I’m just dreaming. I think I decided to go around the time of your report but I was reading a couple then.

Whoever it was I’m so grateful - that french toast was to die for.
Old 27 Nov 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Glad the flight and rest of travel day went well. Your first day looks lovely and relaxing. And the fooooooddd! We love Kekes. Everything we have had was delicious and they catered really well for my son’s multiple food allergies.
All these Christmas trees are getting me into the Christmas spirit too. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and I am looking forward to more yummy food and cocktails! Thanks for writing x
Ahhh thanks so much! Glad you had such a positive at Keke’s!
Old 27 Nov 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a great breakfast at Keke's it does seem to be a winner on the dibb. You seemed to get really lucky with your trip to the outlets too, not having to queue and picking up some souvenirs.

I'm glad that Cabana Bay has some better offerings on the tree front! I cannot wait to see the Wilderness lodge tree. I hope you love it there. I really want to stay there sometime it is such a beautiful resort.
I was so happy with the offerings at the character warehouse. I thought I might have to rugby tackle someone to get a spirit jersey reading reports before I went - just got lucky I think.

I’ll keep the trees coming
Old 27 Nov 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks fantastic. So pleased you got such a lovely room. Foods look fabulous xx
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Just love those little squirrels on the Christmas tree at WL!
Love all the food, looks great. Glad you got such a fab room.
Old 27 Nov 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Lovely view from your room and so pleased Narcoossee's worked out well for you too. Looks like you had some really nice food and cocktails.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Just found this and following along Amazing view, how lovely of your friend. It sounds like it was completely deserved after the year you had. I hope you enjoy every second of your trip, and keep the yummy food coming!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Day Three

I didn’t have a breakfast reservation so I headed to Roaring Fork to pick up a coffee. While I was there I spotted a gorgeous looking cupcake for a snack credit. It was the Cinnamon Roll cupcake - cinnamon vanilla cake with pecan filling, maple buttercream on top, crispy pearls, and a cinnamon roll garnish.

This was immense. It was strong on the cinnamon which I loved but super sweet. It was the kind of cupcake that feels like instant diabetes I actually liked it but I do have a sweet tooth.

Today was Animal Kingdom and I finally got to ride FOP which I was blown away by. After I got off I grabbed the Night Blossom drink from Pongu Pongu for another snack credit.

This was so refreshing and I can see why it was an instant hit when it first arrived.

My lunch ADR was Sanaa. This has to be one of my all time favourites so to start I had the bread service. This felt like an extravagance as there was no way I would finish it solo.

My server here was great and saw I was mostly enjoying the spicier dips so brought me one they only offer by request. Wow! The heat from this one was unreal but so much flavour. I was actually pleased to find this level of spice at a Disney restaurant as they usually don’t do spicy food well.

My server also recommended a signature frozen margarita which was so boozy - it took my breath away but I’m light weight these days so maybe it was just me.

For my main I went with the Bunny Chow - Pulled Pork with Root Vegetable Slaw in a Bread Bowl; with Sanaa Chips and Pickle Spear.

The Sanaa chips left a lot to be desired for me and I didn’t care for the spice that was on them. The description didn’t specify but I couldn’t place what it was. The pulled pork was so tender and flavourful it made up for the awful chips. I found the sauce from the pork had soaked into the bread which was intended I assume but made it a little soggy for my taste.

Overall, I think Sanaa is a great one credit table service and will stay on my list for future visits. I got dessert to go which was a chocolate trio, however no pics and no review I’m afraid as I left it on the bus

Dinner was supposed to be Yak and Yeti, but early morning starts were taking their toll so I decided to stay at the hotel. I took a trip to Geyser Point and things seem to start well. My sever took my order and brought me some iced water as I’d ordered the northwest iced tea as my cocktail. I also ordered the Bison Burger - with Bacon, Sweet Crispy Onion Straws, Marionberry Sauce, and Garlic Aiol.

The food arrived quickly, but no sign of my cocktail and no sign of my server. I kept looking and looking. Nope. He was nowhere to be seen. I flag down another server to be told they’ll get him. So he eventually arrives when I’m done with the burger - with the bill and has the audacity to try to explain gratuity to me. I asked him when was I receiving the service he was explaining and he was dumbfounded until I mentioned the cocktail. He had the decency to look appalled and brought it straight over and didn’t charge for the meal or drink.

Still, it left a bitter taste and while it was a good burger I wouldn’t return.

For today’s ‘Goldia’s Christmas Corner we have entries from Animal Kingdom and Kidani Village.

Today was The Wave Breakfast, Jungle Skipper Canteen and Roaring Fork which hopefully I’ll have posted in the morning - holiday is getting in the way of writing.
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Loving all the Christmas Trees. The cabana bay mug is cute. I’ve had the pina colada stuffed french toast at memes that was lovely I do like apple too. Glad you stood up about your crappy service at geyser point.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List