Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Apr 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile Starting planning again - Universal?

Ok so to lift my spirits I’m going to try planning next year’s trip. My boys will be 9&6 so I’m thinking that maybe a trip to Universal makes sense.
I didn’t bother booking it this year but my eldest is just getting into HP now so this time next year should be well into it.

I was going to amend my Disney booking to next year but reduce the dates and then stick a Universal hotel onto the end for FOLP.

How many nights do you think? We don’t like crazy rollercoasters but I think we might want to do Volcano Bay whilst we’re up that end.

Three nights or shall I split the whole holiday in half?
Old 8 Apr 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

My boys are the exact same age, I decided to go 3 nights HRH as I felt that was plenty to fit it in with express passes. We haven’t done Disney before so wanted to leave enough time for all those parks.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to add when planning loads of people said 2 days so I felt 3 was plenty, not first hand experience though of course!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Yes 3 nights sort of feels right. Two full days and then the 'arrival' day and check out day where I could fit in a few hours before a flight.
Old 8 Apr 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We actually do 4 nights.

Night one - arrival into Florida so it’s dinner and bed.
Then 3 nights to cover each of the parks and then on checkout day we head to Disney for 3pm for check in
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
personally I like 4 nights universal- 3/4 is prob the right amount but then we love all the roller coasters too- - but we just spent 6 nights therein Feb and could easily have stayed longer- Volcano bay is great so the extra night lets us do this too
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Hard rock is fab ... we’ve been every year since the boys were 2 .. they are 17 now ☺️
Since they have gotten older we have spent longer at universal but if you just want a quick trip 3 days will be fine. .. some years we fit in an extra trip with just universal so we are sort of biased lol x
Look at the price difference between club and normal .. we always stay club as the boys used to like putting the card in the lift when they were little and even though I don’t drink it still saves us just on soda and breakfast (there’s also day snacks and canapés and a couple of hours with free alcohol) x
Old 8 Apr 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for your replies. We stayed at the Royal Pacific resort way back in 2009 so we were looking there or Hard Rock. I think the boys will enjoy the pool at Hard Rock.
Old 8 Apr 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wallefan View Post
Thanks for your replies. We stayed at the Royal Pacific resort way back in 2009 so we were looking there or Hard Rock. I think the boys will enjoy the pool at Hard Rock.
Hard Rock is our hotel of choice we love it! Actually not a huge fan of the pool as it’s so shallow though
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

We found that two nights was fine without volcano bay, but i’d a third if I wanted to do that.
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List