Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Apr 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dabjam22
Apprentice Imagineer

February weather

Looking at moving our May holiday to February 2021, can anyone tell me what sort of weather to expect? Will it be warm enough to swim (our kids are real water babies and to see a pool and not swim would be torture for them). We have only been in May and July and to be honest they were a little bit too hot for us so thought February might be better but would still like to be able to wear shorts and T-shirt’s
Old 10 Apr 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

We went in February one year. It was cold first thing and early evening, but warmed up during the day.

I would say you could swim, but the pool would need to be heated.
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

February weather can literally be ALL over the place! I'm in the middle of doing a trip report now of this last February - we were in Florida from Feb 10 onwards. And we had really hot weeks, of 30+ degree weather during the day but really pleasant to slightly chilly in the evenings and mornings. We also had several cold snaps (most in March actually but could occur in Feb too), where we were sorely regretting not bringing proper coats, as layers with our hoodies and jean jackets really wasn't enough - the temp was as low as 7 degrees Celsius one morning!

But let me tell you, in Florida anything under 15C felt really cold to us, and that definitely impacted our plans a little - on these cold days, we didn't get out early and didn't stay past sunset either as it was just too cold for our liking and our 3-year-old's liking!

So the best advice I can give is to pack for all eventualities. Definitely pack some long trousers, long-sleeve tops, and a coat, but definitely also pack shirts and shorts and swimwear! We needed it all, and I regretted not having long trousers and a coat with me.

Also - the pool with our villa was FREEZING. Waaaay too cold to swim, even on 30+ degree days. So you 100% need pool heating. With the heating on, swimming is perfect on the warmer days, we swam nearly every day (though in the heated community pool as we hadn't counted on an extra $35 USD a day for the heating).
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Its very variable- This year we were lucky 25- 30 degrees most days- we were swimming after dark one evening ( little nippy but grand) also had a great time at Volcano bay- the week or so before was colder than average and I don;t think most would have wanted to swim- my kids prob would have though
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Two words - Pool Heat
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Lottery. Went this year. Some days 30 degrees and water park all the way. Had 1 day that was horrible - 10 degrees and a few others at 20 degrees with clouds.

Def need pool heat and flexible plans to be able to match the weather.

It is also busy around half term and presidents day.

But we enjoyed it amd would go again.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dabjam22
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you everyone for your replies. We would be staying onsite so assume pools will be heated, and we never really make plans as DS is autistic so we tend to just go with the flow
Old 10 Apr 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We had a great holiday in Feb a couple of years back. Was great for walking about parks, a thin jumper for the start and the end of the day sometimes and a decent amount of pool time. No overheating but lovely sunshine. As people say it can be variable though, but then it can rain in the summer and that is luck on how much and how often.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

We went Feb 2019 and had great weather on all but 1 day, it was cold and wet but ideal for a shopping trip. Presidents day is mid Feb and that weekend was really busy, the following weekend was the Princess Marathon, although they are quite early in the morning so didn't bother us, just don't expect it to be a really quiet time around those dates.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed one year in January and it was cool early in the morning and evening but it got quite hot some of the days but comfortable,we stopped in Disney and the pools were heated so the kids did lots of swimming even at night.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List