UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 13 Sep 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile London premier inns

Hi we have a trip to Tenerife planned for November. Looking for alternatives Incase it gets cancelled and fancy going back to London. The premier inn have great prices at the moment but there’s loads of them so not sure the best area to stay. Previously stated at Westminster area so looking at trying another area. Thanks 😊
Old 13 Sep 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Southwark (Tate modern) was nice, only stayed for an overnight there though. I am in one in Corby as we speak, and I could be in any PI anywhere. It's more about what is going on outside and around and about I think. Here I have a maccies and not much else. Perhaps have a think about where you want to see and do and pick one based on that and food options etc?

If going with kids have found there to be fewer 4 bed family rooms around so may be limited by that. I found the hub ones too small - ok for an overnight after a concert but if staying a few days not enough space. Think there are three day offers on too at the moment.

Hope your trip isn't cancelled, but if it is, have a lovely time in London.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Deb B
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi, we’ve stayed at a few in London. County Hall is nice, near to the London Eye and the Sea Life Centre; Holborn is handy for Covent Garden; most recently we stayed at the Farringdon Smithfield one a short walk from Barbican tube station, we walked to St Paul’s and Tower of London from here and actually liked being in this area 😊
Deb B is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Southwark (Tate modern) was nice, only stayed for an overnight there though. I am in one in Corby as we speak, and I could be in any PI anywhere. It's more about what is going on outside and around and about I think. Here I have a maccies and not much else. Perhaps have a think about where you want to see and do and pick one based on that and food options etc?

If going with kids have found there to be fewer 4 bed family rooms around so may be limited by that. I found the hub ones too small - ok for an overnight after a concert but if staying a few days not enough space. Think there are three day offers on too at the moment.

Hope your trip isn't cancelled, but if it is, have a lovely time in London.
No kids so should get a room no problem 😊
Old 13 Sep 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Deb B View Post
Hi, we’ve stayed at a few in London. County Hall is nice, near to the London Eye and the Sea Life Centre; Holborn is handy for Covent Garden; most recently we stayed at the Farringdon Smithfield one a short walk from Barbican tube station, we walked to St Paul’s and Tower of London from here and actually liked being in this area 😊
Thanks will look at that one 😊
Old 13 Sep 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve stayed at a load of them. Holborn is nice but has no family rooms. County Hall good but close to Westminster. The St Mary at Hill (think they now call it Bank) I’m in a lot as it’s close to the office and just around the corner from Tower of London etc. Ask for a high corner room there, some good views of the Walkie Talkie and you could also book Sky Garden, close to Tower Bridge etc. There’s one opposite Kings Cross, and another fairly close to St Pancras further towards Euston, Madame Tussaud’s etc. The Aldgate one is a very nice one but a little further out but good for access to Brick Lane etc. There’s one at Southwark, that’s a good one for location but again not far from Westminster. I’m staying in Blackfriars next month as haven’t stayed in that one yet and thought would give it a go. London City is a bit disappointing I’d avoid that one, St Mary at Hill or Aldgate are much better. I’ve stayed in many more like Victoria, they are all much of a muchness.
For families the County Hall one is hard to beat possibly having the best visitor location of any hotel in London and a great bang for the buck but you are close to Westminster. Whilst not the most modern it’s not in bad shape and the rooms can be very large as it’s converted offices. If you fancy instead being closer to Tower Bridge and the ToL, the further side of the South Bank such as HMS Belfast etc, and the City and closer to the East End, the St Mary at Hill is great but can be more expensive in the week or Aldgate if you don’t mind being a bit further out (tube station across road).
Edit seen you have no kids- Holborn then is a good choice, near St Paul’s. There is a great Korean restaurant on the corner of the road where that one is. This one also has some of the new fancy upgraded premium rooms.

Edited at 08:16 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Has anyone stayed at the Leicester Square one?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
VivienCampbell
Trying for More Ears

County hall is a great area. We stayed in the County Hall Park plaza and got upgraded to a suite. It was lovely, the view overlooked Waterloo station towards the shard
VivienCampbell is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Has anyone stayed at the Leicester Square one?

Kat
Yes, we stayed three nights in Leicester Square PI last October/November - fantastic location!
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've used the Kings Cross PI numerous times with DH, DD and friends. For us it's great as it's a 3 min walk to KX station where we get the train from, so very handy for the tube to everywhere else too. It's a lovely PI too, very modern and unPI like.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List