Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 19 Jan 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
If you get the Merlin pass, then why not make your stop at Warwick Castle.

It will take 5-6 hours from Glasgow and as it is only open until 4/5pm maybe head down, stay the night locally, then do the morning / early afternoon there and then finish the journey that afternoon / evening.
Thanks, i will look into it!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Knowsley Safari Park? You could come off the M6 at Haydock (I think it is J23), there are lots of hotels around that junction as it is right by Haydock Park Racecourse. The safari park is about a 20 minute drive away just down the A580 from there.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We drove back from Glasgow to Kent after our holiday last year.

We had 2 nights in Harrogate - we wanted somewhere fairly central - although we did stop in Stillington on the way which half dictated how far we wanted to drive.

We did say afterwards that we could have just done it in one go and had a long day.

When we were kids we drove to Scotland every half term and would go all the way in one go.
xx
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by di5ney View Post
Thanks for all your help! Its 2 wee girls i have and the oldest isnt up for diggerland lol really hope our trip can go ahead! Looking at buying the merlin annual pass, although i have noticed they have changed and no longer do the pay monthly option!
Just to let you know Merlin have said they will be re-launching the monthly pay passes in Spring 2021 so keep an eye out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We went to Dudley zoo in the summer. Just off the M6.

It's lovely and quite small (my local Oo is Chester so massive). There's a hotel across the road. Think it was a Premier Inn with a retail park and lots of places to eat out/cinema or bowling. Tickets weren't expensive either.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We went to Dudley zoo in the summer. Just off the M6.

It's lovely and quite small (my local Oo is Chester so massive). There's a hotel across the road. Think it was a Premier Inn with a retail park and lots of places to eat out/cinema or bowling. Tickets weren't expensive either.
That's just up the road from me! You're right, it's a Premier Inn and the retail park is called Castlegate. There's also a Village Hotel (I prefer the Village).

For something different, the Black Country Living Museum is about half a mile away from the zoo.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List