Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SaintPhilly
Trading Disney Pins

How do you test for return journey?

So one of the stipulations (assuming US is on the green list) for travel is negative test results. Seems you need a test before you leave the UK and another just before you’re return to the UK in Orlando...

..But how on earth do you get tested in Orlando?

I moved my trip back to August today and the lady at TUI couldnt really tell me anything other than if you book as a package “you’ll be advised in due course”.

Sadly I’m flight only with TUI but I’m sure there’s plenty of others in the same boat as me needing to know this info.

Anybody heard anything? Do you think we’ll be allowed to take tests with us? Testing at the airport perhaps? Local test sites around Orlando?

Heaven forbid you registered a positive test..what then? Do they let you on the flight home? Quarantine?

I’m stressing but hopefully we’ll get some guidance soon!
SaintPhilly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

It’s a crazy situation for non us citizens. Where would you isolate in Orlando if tested positive.
I wonder if they would open up an unused resort away from the magic to house the infected.
Cant see how Disney or universal would dream of getting involved either.
I do think that travel agents and airlines need to get the facts out to people before accepting new bookings.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
BA have Qured available to book

How it works:

Book your test with Qured well in advance of your departure from the UK, Qured will send you a kit to pack and take with you
Schedule your video call with a Qured Health Advisor
Take your test within 3 days prior to your flight back to the UK, following the advisor’s instructions
Your results will be visible in just 20 minutes

britishairways/en-gb.../covid19-tests

Edited at 08:40 PM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SaintPhilly View Post
So one of the stipulations (assuming US is on the green list) for travel is negative test results. Seems you need a test before you leave the UK and another just before you’re return to the UK in Orlando...

..But how on earth do you get tested in Orlando?

I moved my trip back to August today and the lady at TUI couldnt really tell me anything other than if you book as a package “you’ll be advised in due course”.

Sadly I’m flight only with TUI but I’m sure there’s plenty of others in the same boat as me needing to know this info.

Anybody heard anything? Do you think we’ll be allowed to take tests with us? Testing at the airport perhaps? Local test sites around Orlando?

Heaven forbid you registered a positive test..what then? Do they let you on the flight home? Quarantine?

I’m stressing but hopefully we’ll get some guidance soon!
Surely if you test positive they aren’t going to let you fly home?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

obviously no specifics yet, if you test positive you will have to isolate, in a hotel or villa etc, and wait it out. Make sure your insurance covers you.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
It’s a crazy situation for non us citizens. Where would you isolate in Orlando if tested positive.
I wonder if they would open up an unused resort away from the magic to house the infected.
Cant see how Disney or universal would dream of getting involved either.
I do think that travel agents and airlines need to get the facts out to people before accepting new bookings.
I can't see how travel agents and airlines can get the facts out to people because they don't know what they are yet. There are lots of discussions and rumour going around about traffic light zones but we won't find out until next month for definite.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
BA have Qured available to book

How it works:

Book your test with Qured well in advance of your departure from the UK, Qured will send you a kit to pack and take with you
Schedule your video call with a Qured Health Advisor
Take your test within 3 days prior to your flight back to the UK, following the advisor’s instructions
Your results will be visible in just 20 minutes

britishairways/en-gb.../covid19-tests
Be interesting to see how they manage , my husband is deaf ...

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
This is my final stumbling block. I’m happy I can get insurance but I need to work out how to get a test and what it will cost.

It looks like Orlando airport have a test centre. Plus Walgreens / cvs do them. Walgreens is free but I’m not clear if that’s a ‘for travel’ test or if you have to have symptoms . Orlando airport list both options and ‘for travel’ has a charge. ($128)

If we need three, (before, during,after) at £60-£100 each then that’s a lot for the 4 of us.

Edited at 07:09 AM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
This is my final stumbling block. I’m happy I can get insurance but I need to work out how to get a test and what it will cost.

It looks like Orlando airport have a test centre. Plus Walgreens / cvs do them. Walgreens is free but I’m not clear if that’s a ‘for travel’ test or if you have to have symptoms . Orlando airport list both options and ‘for travel’ has a charge. ($128)

If we need three, (before, during,after) at £60-£100 each then that’s a lot for the 4 of us.
Do you have to book the Orlando Airport one? Interested to know if anyone has done the video call one?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

Same for us. The pricing/testing will be the straw that broke the camels back for us . x4 people, possible 2-3 tests, trying to get booked in for either zoom call ones or in person... i just cant see us dealing with that, let alone adding the £££/$$$ to the holiday cost.

I hope we get some clarity soon and all this is not needed xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List