Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 18 Apr 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

August 2022 - Current Plans

So I’ve already booked with EAH and this is what I have for my plan. Park reservations already made and a few extra in place for the arrival, water park days and hotel change date.

As much as I’d love to just keep going, I need rests due to health conditions so think this is a balanced plan.

Would absolutely love the Disney restaurants we’ve shortlisted and still working on breakfast ideas. I definitely would love the dessert party too!

We aren’t confident driving abroad so happy with the current transfers. Just hope the SW to BG shuttle returns by then.

Unsure of options for the day before at Heathrow yet too. Whether we drive and park or get the coach etc.

I don’t really want to change hotel again but will keep an eye out on prices for a premium Universal hotel closer to the time to book in addition. Never done this before though.

Any suggestions or comments?

Edited at 08:07 AM. Reason: Updated Pic Link
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde106
Earning More Ears

I'd love to have a look but the picture has uploaded in a really small size! Maybe you could re-upload or upload it elsewhere and link?
clyde106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by clyde106 View Post
I'd love to have a look but the picture has uploaded in a really small size! Maybe you could re-upload or upload it elsewhere and link?
Not a clue what happened as it looked fine when I uploaded but I’ve tried elsewhere. This is slightly clearer but you can click it. Hopefully you can see it now. 🤦

Old 21 Apr 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Nice plan but jealous as we have nothing booked.
Things I would consider.

Day 2 Rontos opens at 9am. It may open earlier in August 22 but you will be up early because of the time difference. Can you hang onto 9am for breakfast not sure I could if I was up at 5am. I would get hotel breakfast/Garden Grocer delivery.
Mama Melrose I would maybe do lunch instead of dinner again because of the time difference. Dinner on first day can be a struggle.

Day 3 Kringlas currently opens at 11.30 and is just snacks. A breakfast option might return. I would swap Regal Eagle/Frozen Dessert party with Via Napoli as you would on US time by then.

I notice you have a lot of early inpark breakfasts. Are you doing this after you hit the popular rides? The first hour of the day is the best I would not waste it on eating.

Sassagoula is good but I am not sure I would go out of my way for it.

Day 12 Rainforest cafe is ok but there are better restaurants.

You have 2 HS Epcot 2 MK 2 AK 2. I would try to get more MK time in somewhere.

Day15 Going to the Ihop then getting the Busch Gardens shuttle might difficult unless you have worked out the pickup points/route.

I can't comment on the order of the days as I am not sure if the Dibb busy day guides are out but it all looks good.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
Day 2 Rontos opens at 9am. It may open earlier in August 22 but you will be up early because of the time difference. Can you hang onto 9am for breakfast not sure I could if I was up at 5am. I would get hotel breakfast/Garden Grocer delivery.
Mama Melrose I would maybe do lunch instead of dinner again because of the time difference. Dinner on first day can be a struggle.
Hopefully it opens sooner but definitely something to keep an eye out on. I just saw it in a vlog somewhere so definitely wanted to try.

When I refer to dinner it may not be so late for any days (depending on reservation times) as we wouldn’t normally have a big lunch. Good tip about timings though for first few days. Thanks!

Day 3 Kringlas currently opens at 11.30 and is just snacks. A breakfast option might return. I would swap Regal Eagle/Frozen Dessert party with Via Napoli as you would on US time by then.
Was hoping for a breakfast option too but again I’ll keep an eye on closer to time. Good point for evening activities. May just need to juggle some bits around so not 2 Italian meals in a row. Not that it bothers me though!

I notice you have a lot of early inpark breakfasts. Are you doing this after you hit the popular rides? The first hour of the day is the best I would not waste it on eating.
I haven’t considered it yet. Breakfast is one I’m struggling to plan so I’ve just been jotting some ideas down. Just want grab and go on some days rather than sit down.

Sassagoula is good but I am not sure I would go out of my way for it.
We want to try the beignets so it’ll be more brunch for us as we will have a rest day and a later start.

Day 12 Rainforest cafe is ok but there are better restaurants.
I’m not too fussed either about this. It was a request made but any other recommendations to help persuade them otherwise will be greatly appreciated.

You have 2 HS Epcot 2 MK 2 AK 2. I would try to get more MK time in somewhere
I’ve got park reservations for there on our rest days in case we decide to ‘pop in’. Hopefully FP back and can get some for those days too.

Day15 Going to the Ihop then getting the Busch Gardens shuttle might difficult unless you have worked out the pickup points/route.
IHOP is opposite our hotel so should be fine. Will need to shuffle things about once actual timings sorted. Again just jotting some breakfast ideas down again.

I can't comment on the order of the days as I am not sure if the Dibb busy day guides are out but it all looks good.
Im really hoping things don’t change too much as this is perfect for us but of course will need to make some amendments. We have a water park on a Sunday, which is a no go normally but will see.

Thank you for all the advice though. It’s been really useful.
Old 22 Apr 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

As you have said it may be worth having 1 night in a Universal Premier Hotel to get the benefit of express passes for 2 days. We did it in 2019 and got round both parks quite easily in the 2 days. Without the express passes it would have been a struggle.
We’re going again July 22 with 3 nights at HRH and then 11 nights at POP, also using EAH
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nelly7 View Post
As you have said it may be worth having 1 night in a Universal Premier Hotel to get the benefit of express passes for 2 days. We did it in 2019 and got round both parks quite easily in the 2 days. Without the express passes it would have been a struggle.
We’re going again July 22 with 3 nights at HRH and then 11 nights at POP, also using EAH
I think it’s definitely the way to go but I’ll wait a bit before confirming the night though. I’ve never stayed on site before but I’m really looking forward to POP!
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Via Napoli is good pizza but the restaurant would not be on my Epcot wish list. Teppan Edo is one of our favourites at Epcot. One of the best in Epcot it has good food and is fun.

Breakfast is the hardest meal to plan at WDW.
1. Getting up early on holiday is difficult to do. Especially by the 3rd or 4th day of being on the move.
2. Disney Transportation is flaky early morning. You might have to uber for early reservations.
3. Breakfast can use up the best ride time during the first 2 hours of a theme park.

We usually have all these great plans for breakfast and after 3 days we just end up eating at the hotel. We maybe do just a few special breakfasts. So I would keep breakfast flexible.

Good idea to try the Beignets they are good.

disneyworld/dining...ts-club/menus/

I think they were available all day. Double check when they come back online.

Tiffins is the best food in AK but it is expensive.

2nd best would be Satu'li Canteen. Try and get the adult version of the Cheeseburger Steamed Pod if you like that sort of food. Most of the food there was great though.

If you are willing to leave the park Boma/Sanaa get great reviews. We have not been but they are on my to do list as everyone says how great they are.

Another choice you could do at Tuskers for dinner as well as breakfast. Tuskers dinner has some different food and has a lot of choice.

Rainforest is ok. Nice theme. Food ok/good but would not be on my list.

Water park on a Sunday could be mad. Maybe try to go Tue/Wed/Thur although it is hard to fit in days.

No problems. Enjoy the planning.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List