Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Apr 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Aer Lingus October 2020 - Change Fee's

Like everyone, we are affected by this outbreak. Even though our holiday is booked for October we therefore dont qualify for any free changes, refunds, credit etc loss of income means no holiday in October.

I've just been speaking with Aerlingus there & for us to change our dates from October this year until next year, we will be charged over 1,200 euros ( 100 change fee per flight per person ) there are 6 of us going ( 4 kids )

We would lose 1,600 deposit if we cancelled and we cant change anything until full balance is paid anyway.

We've also lost of deposit for villa, however they have advised we can bring this over to a date for next year which is very appreciative.

We are just so gutted.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh_Dragon
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I think that I would just do nothing and wait, so much could change between now and October. We may still be in lockdown and/ or the FCO may still have advisories in place and/or borders may still be closed. When is your deposit due?
Welsh_Dragon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
I think that I would just do nothing and wait, so much could change between now and October. We may still be in lockdown and/ or the FCO may still have advisories in place and/or borders may still be closed. When is your deposit due?
Full balance due on 22nd August.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I empathise.
We are due to go july 20 with AL.
I paid the deposit and then stupidly paid the balance well before due date, meaning my tix are now only valid until end of October( 365 days from e-ticket issue)
If I'd left paying the balance until due date, I may have been able to change the dates to xmas or Easter or just cancelled, thereby only losing my deposit.
Expensive mistake to make!
Lesson learned.
Next time I pay balance when due and not beforehand OR just book flights as near to my departure date as possible!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I empathise.
We are due to go july 20 with AL.
I paid the deposit and then stupidly paid the balance well before due date, meaning my tix are now only valid until end of October( 365 days from e-ticket issue)
If I'd left paying the balance until due date, I may have been able to change the dates to xmas or Easter or just cancelled, thereby only losing my deposit.
Expensive mistake to make!
Lesson learned.
Next time I pay balance when due and not beforehand OR just book flights as near to my departure date as possible!
I’m a little confused. When did you book & pay deposit? Then when was due date? Your ticket can be used up until October this year?

Do you know if the 100 euro change fee is each way or total for return?
Old 16 Apr 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have our flights paid in full for Aug €3k. We are not going, I have cancelled everything else. I am just waiting to see what way things are by then. Ideally wouldn't mind taking a credit or refund. Hard to know what will be happening next week at the moment.
Old 18 Apr 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mummys_girl84
Proud to wear my Ears

We are due to fly with Aer Lingus on 1st of September... not gonna happen so I guess our best option is to just wait and see what happens...cant really do anything anyway as we are looking to rebook for next September 2021 and flights aren't out... its the uncertainty I don't like
Mummys_girl84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are in exactly the same position. What has to happen for them to agree to refund? Is it that the FCO have to say no travel?
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

We are due to go 11th June, everything paid at this stage!
Still waiting to hear if they’ll extend the changes or the flight will go. The uncertainty is killing me.
6 of us as well €1200 is an awful lot of money.
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

We're due to fly with them on 2nd September and I am still hoping that things will have settled down by then.
I think it's a bit early to cancel, so happy to wait and see.
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List