Notices

View Poll Results: Did you feel ill after having the flu jab?
Yes 27 11.84%
No 201 88.16%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Aug 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
In all my years I have never had a sore arm. I think in part its being able to be relaxed when the jag is given. As a nurse I have given hundreds if not thousands of injections. Basically if your tense and therefore your muscles are tense it will impact on how sore your arm will be after.
Mine were always sore in combination with being red and hot - would that still be the case if I was fully relaxed? I’m definitely no stranger to injections having had c 100k in my lifetime 😂
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

In all my years I have never had a sore arm. I think in part its being able to be relaxed when the jag is given. As a nurse I have given hundreds if not thousands of injections. Basically if your tense and therefore your muscles are tense it will impact on how sore your arm will be after.
Not sure about this.

Type 1 diabetic for 40 odd years; nearing 100k injections in my lifetime.
Injections/needles don’t bother me one bit; 6 a day every day.
Have had injections into my eye area more than once.
Acupuncturist told me he’d never had someone so blasé at whether he put 5 or 50 needles into my skin; dentist was astounded after he had injected into the roof of my mouth & I said I didn’t realise he’d already done it.

So, I consider I’m very relaxed when I have my flu jab as I literally don’t care that I’m having an injection but I usually get a sore red & hot arm for a day or so.

Edited at 10:38 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I usually get a sore arm-it feels like it’s been bruised for a couple of days at the injection site.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Not sure about this.

Acupuncturist told me he’d never had someone so blasé at whether he put 5 or 50 needles into my skin; dentist was astounded after he had injected into the roof of my mouth & I said I didn’t realise he’d already done it.

So, I consider I’m very relaxed when I have my flu jab as I literally don’t care that I’m having an injection but I usually get a sore red & hot arm for a day or so.
Me too! I am not diabetic but did do IVF a few times and am completely relaxed for flu jabs. I don't even tense up for blood tests or IVs and still get a sore arm for flu jabs.
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's a pesky little injection. No problem to get it in the arm but site does br a little sore for a couple of days. No hardship at all.
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
FtLouie
Excited about Disney

I'm needle phobic, but I get the flu jab every year through work. A sore arm is usually the only side effect I get (I remember last year being quite bad for some reason). I had much worse reaction when I had my travel jabs + a cholera prevention drink a few years back before a trip to Nepal - that combo really made me feel rough

Have no fear, Purple Turtle is here
FtLouie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Not sure about this.

There is a big difference between an IM jag and a SC one.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

There is a big difference between an IM jag and a SC one.
Yes but I’m not bothered by injections irrespective of them being IM, IV or SC so I still consider I’m completely relaxed when having my flu jab & still usually get a sore spot for a day or so.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I have asthma and have taken advantage of the free flu jab for probably the last 10 years. After the jab the injection site on my arm feels warm and my arm feels a bit heavy and sore, nothing major. Sleeping on that side the first night is a bit painful, but after that I am fine. In all the 10 years I was ill once after the jab, could have been a total coincidence - I felt like I have fluy type symptoms, bit of a sniffle and sore all over, lasted maybe 2 or 3 days.
One year I missed the jab date and didn't bother with it, I came down with flu. It was all over Easter, my son was down for the Easter holidays and I felt so rough we could hardly do anything. Never again would I miss it
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I get the flu jab twice a year (joys of living near the equator and having both Northern and Southern hemisphere flu strains here, plus working in healthcare).

Almost always just get a slightly sore arm for the day of the flu jab which has gone by the next day.