Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 9 Dec 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Electric cars and Centre Parcs

I’ve just had a very good offer to exchange my Aygo 17 month 2750 miles on the clock for a electric version the longest journey it would do would be from homein crntral Scotland to our nearest Centre Parcs but it need charged for the trip home
Do they have charge points I’ve asked but they are evasive about charges availability etc
Any one else have info
Our trip is October 2021we need to take both cars as taking
5 grandkids
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
john w
Getting Excited

Zap map says there are 3 one tesla and two 3 pin plug. Showing as out of service just now. zapmap is an app that shows charging points. lots about now if centre parc doesn't have one there should be one not to far away. I have A prius and got two cables with it one type 2 fast charge and one three pin slower charge. I would take both with you just in case.
john w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I’ve just had a very good offer to exchange my Aygo 17 month 2750 miles on the clock for a electric version the longest journey it would do would be from homein crntral Scotland to our nearest Centre Parcs but it need charged for the trip home
Do they have charge points I’ve asked but they are evasive about charges availability etc
Any one else have info
Our trip is October 2021we need to take both cars as taking
5 grandkids
Helen I am honestly amazed you do not have a seven seater as one of your cars, we have a CMax Grand, it's not a huge car but it has several options for seat configurations, it also has sliding back doors which are invaluable with children, and indeed the olds if they are anything like my late Mother! Our neighbour has the Mercedes version which is bigger and very handsome which I am casting covetous eyes over, but as we only replace our cars when necessary I can't see that happening anytime soon or even at all.

Edited at 12:26 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Does it have to be charged at centre parcs or are you happy to charge on the way etc? We drove from Suffolk to Northumbria over summer and we stopped on the way. Zap map is you friend as said already as we found the holiday inn at Washington had a fast charger and so do a number of pubs/service stations if you wanted the break. We even got lucky and got a free charge at more than one location.
Alices Aunt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue my days of driving the team bus are over we had a ford Galaxy for years great for the kids their mates dogs the lot
But I've decided to keep my Argo it hasn't done one mile since I posted in fact it's been in the garage keeping cosy for the winter
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The Tesla there are not Superchargers but destination chargers so you can use them non Tesla.