Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Mar 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
We booked transfers also to Disney with Virgin thought it was a good price to I checked in at the virgin deck to find out I had to book the ME back to the airport. If I known about the ME back then I wouldn’t have asked for transfers as flew into Sanford the trips before.
We had the Virgin transfer both ways but it was awful coming back. If we had known we were entitled to ME we would have cancelled our transfers and asked for a refund.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Sorry to jump in, I've also been wondering what our options would be. Our little girl will be 5, if we take an uber or lyft do they provide car seats or would we be able to bring our own to use? I'm not entirely clued up on the car seat situation as we've always used Magical Express.
Old 17 Mar 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Muppetnation_20
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Laura_<3 View Post
Sorry to jump in, I've also been wondering what our options would be. Our little girl will be 5, if we take an uber or lyft do they provide car seats or would we be able to bring our own to use? I'm not entirely clued up on the car seat situation as we've always used Magical Express.
You'd be able to bring your own to use, I'm pretty sure about that. However I think that Mears will be running a bus service to all of the Disney hotels. They used to run the Magical Express for Disney so they'll know how many people will be using the service already. Charge a fixed price per person and I would imagine that it will be a money winner for them.

I just can't understand why Disney have decided to drop it to be honest. Makes no sense to me.
Muppetnation_20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ll just switch to Uber or Lyft , used them in 2019 and it was so quick and easy. I’d rather that that a bus where you end up waiting for others to board and could have multiple stops.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Muppetnation_20 View Post
I just can't understand why Disney have decided to drop it to be honest. Makes no sense to me.
Apparently it is not used that much. I heard the stats on a podcast and for the last few years usage has been incredibly low. Most people drive or Uber.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Apparently it is not used that much. I heard the stats on a podcast and for the last few years usage has been incredibly low. Most people drive or Uber.
We always used it until 2019 when we were staying at universal first, we used Uber and it was so much quicker and only cost $30.

I imagine lots of people like us would move away from ME given the low cost of Uber.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Originally Posted by Muppetnation_20 View Post
You'd be able to bring your own to use, I'm pretty sure about that. However I think that Mears will be running a bus service to all of the Disney hotels. They used to run the Magical Express for Disney so they'll know how many people will be using the service already. Charge a fixed price per person and I would imagine that it will be a money winner for them.

Great thank you

No I don’t understand it either, such a shame.
Old 18 Mar 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Candlestick View Post
Now the ME has stopped for 2022.
Where are people who don't drive booking their transfers

If the train is not due to complete til 23 do you think they may lay on transfers? I saw somewhere Mears was taking over but cant find any other info on this?

TIA
We don’t hire a car and I have never taken the ME as I got the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that it involved a lot of hanging around. Never booked a transfer though, we exit the terminal and walk to the taxi rank just outside.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It's funny because I seem to remember posts here on the DIBB saying that there were often long queues for the ME. Which implies it was busy and people seemed to think it was getting busier.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It's funny because I seem to remember posts here on the DIBB saying that there were often long queues for the ME. Which implies it was busy and people seemed to think it was getting busier.
I waited 30 mins last time I got the ME
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List