Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 11 Mar 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Rochester, kent

Does anyone know how hard it is to park at rochester train station? We are going to kent in july and want to have a day trip into london.

Thanks!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post

No idea. But I often use justpark to pre-book parking for stuff like this. I may pay a smidge over the published rate, but I like the certainty and knowing exactly where I am going.

That said, our local train station has plenty of free parking. Rochester may be the same!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks, i have never heard of that before lol
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

There is a long stay car park behind Rochester station, I think its called Rochester Riverside Carpark. Alternatively you could drive down to Ebbsfleet and go into London from there. From Rochester its about a 15 minutes drive, it has 4 huge car parks. Car park D is the cheapest.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Where abouts in Kent are you staying?

Disney332
Old 11 Mar 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
There is a long stay car park behind Rochester station, I think its called Rochester Riverside Carpark. Alternatively you could drive down to Ebbsfleet and go into London from there. From Rochester its about a 15 minutes drive, it has 4 huge car parks. Car park D is the cheapest.
Ebbsfleet is more expensive for the train journey as its HST , it also goes into St Pancras whereas as From Rochester you can go into Victoria so it depends where in London you are going.
A friend parks in the (large) station car park at Rochester whenever we go to London together and I don’t recall it been expensive (she’d definitely moan if it was ) . We’ve never had a problem getting parking at the station on a week day. It’s a new station so parking is plentiful .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
No idea. But I often use justpark to pre-book parking for stuff like this. I may pay a smidge over the published rate, but I like the certainty and knowing exactly where I am going.

That said, our local train station has plenty of free parking. Rochester may be the same!
It’s definitely not free ! (Too many London commuters)

Edited at 10:29 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If you are going in early July the Rochester Castle concerts are still on (currently).
UB40 , Oly Murs , The Jackson’s, Craig David etc and (Tom Jones at Maidstone at the Hop Farm )if you like open air concerts .
Not sure if they will go ahead but if any of those appeal it’s a nice evening out on holiday .
Old 11 Mar 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks for the help! We are actually staying in the haven caravan site at allhallows. We have passes for the trains as i work on the railway.
Old 11 Mar 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by di5ney View Post
Thanks for the help! We are actually staying in the haven caravan site at allhallows. We have passes for the trains as i work on the railway.
You are slightly too early for the Hoo Junction railway station (if it ever gets built).
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List