Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
I am a bit annoyed as the Newcastle dates are all in one week and I cannot have that week off - I was sooo looking forward to the cruise.
Another way round as I was looking forward to Newcastle dates in June that was so prefect now I cannot book it in September so I have decide to book the cruise at Liverpool. I am LFC dafter so hopeful going to stadium for photo before the cruise
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 11:18 AM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

The last date of 11 sept is also my flying date to Florida. Obviously I have no idea if this is going ahead. But I am still hoping to get to the USA this year.
That’s the date we have changed to 😍
Old 17 Apr 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I am a bit annoyed as the Newcastle dates are all in one week and I cannot have that week off - I was sooo looking forward to the cruise.
There is a Saturday to Monday morning option I am considering as you would be off the boat quite early.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I'm not sure what to do really. I'm not impressed with how it's been handled so far either but glad they've made another announcement.

We're closest to Liverpool, they have a 4 night in July. We're 3 hours from Southampton, they have a 4 night in August.

Our son turns 11 after the liverpool one but before the Southampton date. This means he could go to Edge. Previously I know Disney would've allowed me to sign a waiver and let him go anyway if he was that close to his birthday and there was space but I wonder whether that may not be the case this time, restriction on numbers perhaps.

I think ensuring he can go to the Edge club is going to take priority and we'll double our travel time 😕
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I called DCL earlier and there are still details to be clarified re Covid Tests and Mask Wearing. Children will be expected to wear a mask but they have not confirmed the age. The PCR test is also not ruled out beforehand.
Disney2 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney2 View Post
I called DCL earlier and there are still details to be clarified re Covid Tests and Mask Wearing. Children will be expected to wear a mask but they have not confirmed the age. The PCR test is also not ruled out beforehand.
Sadly I don’t think the DCL phone team (or indeed any of the Disney CMs on the phones) really ever get given the whole picture - very often we the Jo Public find out things much quicker than is relayed to them. Hang tight and I’m sure we will be updated at some point via the website, hopefully before we travel! 😂
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
buzzbox
Trying for More Ears

The more I think about booking one of these cruises the thought of my 3 year old grandson not being able to touch or cuddle the characters as well as the impact on the entertainment due to the restrictions as well as the expected inflated prices then maybe it will be best to wait until things are back to normal, I really do not want to be coming off that ship after spending a large sum of money feeling deflated because Disney were unable to provide the service and great times we have had on previous cruises with them.
buzzbox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buzzbox View Post
The more I think about booking one of these cruises the thought of my 3 year old grandson not being able to touch or cuddle the characters as well as the impact on the entertainment due to the restrictions as well as the expected inflated prices then maybe it will be best to wait until things are back to normal, I really do not want to be coming off that ship after spending a large sum of money feeling deflated because Disney were unable to provide the service and great times we have had on previous cruises with them.
I think this is going to actually be a big thing for return cruisers - the comparison aspect. I'm happy to be doing a few lines I haven't cruised on as we wont have that aspect. That said I think Disney will do their best to make it magical no matter what they can or can't do it just isn't going to be identicle to a 4 night Caribbean cruise.
Old 19 Apr 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Has anyone ever cruised from Tilbury before? I live 20 minutes away but have never heard of a cruise terminal there before. I thought it was a dirty container port.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDose View Post
Has anyone ever cruised from Tilbury before? I live 20 minutes away but have never heard of a cruise terminal there before. I thought it was a dirty container port.
So I know a couple of "smaller" cruise ships (the ones that are like super luxury) have used it in the past but its very rare. Its like Cardiff port which is mainly used for cargo but every now and then one sneaks in. Usually means there is limited shelter when boarding as they don't have a dedicated check in building. We joined a cruise once in Cardiff and they basically had a desk and a tent to check in at as they didn't have specific cruise facilities and then they had people entering on Deck 1 via a gangway rather through the normal deck 4 way. I would assume Disney would then send you up to Deck 4 for the welcome aboard announcement if they were doing something similar.