Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Mar 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

A lot of what others have suggested!
We cleaned so that the house was completely spotless for every viewing, windows all opened to air and some nice diffusers around but not overpowering! We really de cluttered to make all the rooms look as big as possible. We also removed a lot of photos, just left a couple out.
Someone also suggested to us to take some clothes out of the wardrobes, if they are overflowing it might look as if there isn’t enough storage!

DH had the garden with neatly cut grass and bright, seasonal plants in a plant pots at the front.
I had a set of bedding and fresh towels that was only for viewings!
I took the dog out while viewings were happening and cleared all the pet clutter away before anyone arrived.
I’m sure you house will sell really quickly.
Old 27 Mar 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Good luck Louise it looks lovely ☺️ x
Old 27 Mar 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We have no hidden storage in our upstairs bathroom so might have to box up the shampoos etc and hide them under the bed

Oh! And I could slide the scales under the towel shelf too

Old 27 Mar 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
We have no hidden storage in our upstairs bathroom so might have to box up the shampoos etc and hide them under the bed

My first impressions... It's a beautiful bathroom 😍

But pull the shower curtain right back. Lose the bath mat off the floor (germs or damp, I know it's probably new and very clean but just the way my mind works) Is that the toilet roll on back of loo? To me it draws the eye. The scales dont bother me.

Please don't take offence, I used to work in estate agents and only offering an opinion as I know you are selling. As a home it really is beautiful x
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
When we were selling (successfully) last year, we rented a small room in a local storage company (Big Yellow) and stored loads of stuff there while we were having viewings. It worked so well we didn’t really miss any of it and it helped with decluttering before our move.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
My first impressions... It's a beautiful bathroom 😍

But pull the shower curtain right back. Lose the bath mat off the floor (germs or damp, I know it's probably new and very clean but just the way my mind works) Is that the toilet roll on back of loo? To me it draws the eye. The scales dont bother me.

Please don't take offence, I used to work in estate agents and only offering an opinion as I know you are selling. As a home it really is beautiful x
No problem! It'll be the last room (as well as my office) that we de clutter as We'll be using it the morning of the photos.

With the Matt
The grout has gone come away a bit underneath it so it was to hide it really 🙈 still think I should move it?

And no offence taken I really appreciate it x
Old 28 Mar 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We are maybe looking at moving and some of the houses weve looked at online are abysmal, clutter everywhere, unmade beds , one even had a stained mattress infront of the window ...
Your house looks fine to me , I dont think you need to do much at all
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Louise, your house is beautiful, I always admire your choice of colours and decor. I’m sure it will sell really quickly! I’m looking forward to seeing any updates when you buy your new home. Are you still thinking about the new build?
Old 28 Mar 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

No problem! It'll be the last room (as well as my office) that we de clutter as We'll be using it the morning of the photos.

With the Matt
The grout has gone come away a bit underneath it so it was to hide it really 🙈 still think I should move it?

And no offence taken I really appreciate it x
Would the missing grout show.on the photos?

It's just my personal preference so just go with what looks best. It doesn't look bad, I'd just prefer not to see it. I'm the same with towels - unless they are obviously fluffy and clean I hate them. Too many house viewings (when working in estate agents and buying) had mildew smelling or crusty bathrooms.

The number of times toilets hadn't been flushed, kitchen bins full of rubbish or just houses that smelt. 🤮🤢

Really look at other similar properties and you can compare.if you'd pick yours if you were buying.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
I'm thinking for photos here

To just take the ones off the window ledge down and it opens up the window area more as it's a lovely big window

I can't take down John's award from the chief super I think I'd be locked out 🤣