Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Apr 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

International Traffic Light System

We were all set to fly to Florida last July/August to celebrate my 50th birthday.

Obviously it was scrapped, & in fairness to Norwegian the flights were quickly refunded. We swapped Disney for Portaventura, and a great holiday.

We've plans in place to go back to Spain and Portaventura this summer. But we recently booked flights to Miami for the last week in July, & I did it hoping against hope really... but reading the press today it seems that the US may well be one of the few international "green" destinations this summer.

I think my gamble may well pay off... I'd bin Europe for the US at the drop of a hat. I really hope it works out. Our young kids 9 & 10 have had so many disappointments, it would be fantastic to go. We've booked for five and a half weeks of their 6 weeks summer holidays (first time I'll have had that much time off since I was at school)... it would be a dream come true.

The cars booked, most hotels are booked... a side road trip to Memphis to visit Graceland. This would certainly top our original two and a bit weeks we had planned for 2020 😀

For everyone on these forums, let's hope this comes to pass.

Increase the positivity 🇬🇧🇺🇸😀👍

Edited at 06:54 AM.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

Sounds great! We have two weeks booked at the end of August. I’ve gone through the hopeful/not hopeful/hopeful rollercoaster twice since we booked it, but I’m back to hopeful!
The kids are growing up so fast and have been through so much, it would be lovely to see them enjoying themselves on holiday again (we haven’t told them it’s booked in case we have to disappoint them).
DH is really not sure - it’s a lot of money and will we have to wear masks all the time, will we be worrying about whether the rules change while we’re away and we suddenly have to quarantine coming back, will one of us catch Covid etc. I’m trying to persuade him it’ll be fine! All 3 adults will have had both vaccines (my oldest is 18 with learning disabilities). We have to decide by the end of June so I’m hoping things look a bit more certain by then. Fingers crossed!
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Well I hope it pans out for you all. I think by June we'll have a much clearer picture. Wouldn't it be incredible if travel reopened to & from the US again.

Just with regards to the masks thing, last July/August it was mandatory to wear them inside and outdoors everywhere in Catalonia! Even the kids. We were in the low 30s most days, & I can't say it was pleasant, but did it spoil things, absolutely not.

Money wise, I'm the tight one in our marriage, but whilst I always worry about spending too much on a holiday, when I look back on photos, videos, the memories of expensive hols we've had in the past I never think about how much we spent :-)

Let's hope with every day that passes the dream of a Florida getaway becomes a little more of a reality :-)

All the best.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

It's all looking promising. We even had Whitty being quoted

"Anybody who believes that they can actually just put up some border policy or some overall policy that stops the possibility (of variants) completely is misunderstanding the problem completely."

“You’ve got to work out what’s a rational policy to this and here I would differentiate quite a lot between a pandemic environment and what you get with seasonal flu.

“Every year, somewhere between 7,000 and 9,000 citizens die of flu, most of them very elderly, and every few years you get a bad flu year where 20,000 to 25,000 die of it.

“The last time we had that was three years ago and no one noticed it.

“So it is clear we are going to have to manage it, at some point, rather like we manage the flu."

Seems like a totally different road map to me. Now, Florida if you can just get your cases down...
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

With Biden now doubling down on his 100 million jabs in his first 100 days of office to 200 million, and zero supply issues, I think those cases will drop across the US.

With every month that passes between now & the summer, just like in Israel we're going to see very noticeable improvements.

Was good to hear Whitty speaking "common sense".

We've no choice but to live with it,like we do seasonal flu.

Let's hope our respective governments are talking... as I'm sure there's countless US tourists who'd love to spend their hard earned dollars here in Blighty.
Old 3 Apr 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We’re off to Vegas 26th July , haven’t booked flights yet ( never do till just before we fly ) .. hoping to go for 3 weeks though we might spend a week of that in LA
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hopefully off to Vegas 2 weeks from August 20 fingers crossed
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We’re off to Vegas 26th July , haven’t booked flights yet ( never do till just before we fly ) .. hoping to go for 3 weeks though we might spend a week of that in LA
Risky move, if the US is greenlit and Europe isnt then prices could sky rocket!
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’m so nervous waiting for this!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Waiting impatiently to hear direct from BJ what he has planned. Still very hopeful for our trip in august.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List