Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Apr 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Disney show booking

Hello!

I know I cant book yet but I'm looking into how to book shows for disneyworld.

Do they work like the fast pass system? Do they count as a fast pass? Is there any other way to book?

I'm hoping they go ahead when we travel but we would really like to view ones on our birthdays. How long do they usually last?

Thanks
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I mean I don't really know how things will change with current events/restrictions etc...

But how it worked pre-COVID was:

Many shows offer fastpass (e.g. Fantasmic, Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo). Fastpass just means you get entry into the show before the standby line - this could be useful for high demand shows like Festival of the Lion King at peak times (where they sometimes turn away people from the standby line because it is full), but may not be that useful for other shows where almost everyone will get into the show.

Some shows have "priority seating" from dining experiences - what this means is that you can book a specific dining experience where you eat a meal at a particular restaurant and they will give you tickets to the show where you get to watch from priority reserved areas. Shows that had this included Fantasmic and Rivers of Light. Debatable whether it is worth doing it - I've done it a couple of times for Rivers of Light and the seating was just OK, but the meal (at Tiffins) was good.

In terms of how long a show lasts - it depends on which show. Some are longer than others. If I don't remember wrongly Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, Fantasmic, Rivers of Light were all around 30 minutes or so, but it is often a longer experience due to the time needed to get in/out of the show (especially for Fantasmic where you can easily add 10 minutes to the end for trying to get out of the stadium).
Old 3 Apr 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Thank you, I had no idea how it all worked so at least if it does all return semi normal then I'm prepared!
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List