Notices

View Poll Results: When will masks no longer be required at Disney World?
July 13 6.37%
August 10 4.90%
September 7 3.43%
October 15 7.35%
November 6 2.94%
December 5 2.45%
2022 148 72.55%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Apr 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Gut feeling on masks at Disney?

With the vaccines ramping up how much longer do you think masks will be a requirement at WDW? I would go if wearing one when entering shops or on inside rides is the only requirement but not when walking around outside all day.

The Governor of Florida has already said that once 50% of the state has been fully vaccinated (which they estimate to be July) that masks will no longer be a requirement. I understand that businesses have the right to have their own rules in place though so I wonder how long Disney will require masks for?

We have a Disney trip booked for August and I keep going back and forth as to whether to move it. I really don't want to wear a mask for my entire holiday and it wouldn't be fair to make DD3 wear one either, especially not in the August heat! 🥵

Thoughts?

Edited at 09:24 AM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Just got a sneeky feeling that Disney lost way too much money shutting its parks and will go above and beyond not to let it happen again.
So impo they will hold onto masks till 2022 and the same will probably happen with universal too.
Old 6 Apr 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I must be going mad as I though you'd already posted a poll asking this question and I'd already voted

It doesn't matter what DeSantis says as Disney set their own policy and have already stated that masks will be required throughout 2021 and with case numbers still high I can't see them changing this policy any time soon.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I must be going mad as I though you'd already posted a poll asking this question and I'd already voted

It doesn't matter what DeSantis says as Disney set their own policy and have already stated that masks will be required throughout 2021 and with case numbers still high I can't see them changing this policy any time soon.
You're not going mad. I started a new poll as that one was old and things have changed since
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I'm fully expecting masks to still be required when we're there in October, it's one of the reasons (along with crowds) that we had planned a resort stay - but now can't change from BCV!

I wear a mask every day for at least 11 hours, I don't want to walk round theme parks in one - I will if I have to, but I'll be far happier doing something else instead.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

A lot of people have taken little snippets of the Bob Chapek share holder speech and spout it as gospel that masks will be around for the whole of 2021.

What he actually said is that he “expects” there to be “some level” of masks through 2021 not that they will “definitely” be around in the same way they are now. He is not daft and knows that it is far better to manage expectations by under promising and over delivering.

He also said in that speech that a successful vaccine rollout would be a “game changer” but no one seems to want to quote that part!

My view is that Disney is first and foremost a business and behind the scenes they will be working out the best way to keep their reputation intact (from a safety point of view) whilst maximising revenue.

All adult Americans who want one will have had both vaccines by August. So by October they should have sufficient immunity to be less concerned with mask wearing.

My best guess is that by Oct (in time for the 50th) masks will only be required when indoors... this should be enough to please the safety conscious guests but also appeal to the crowd that don’t want to wear masks outside in the heat.
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

I haven't cast a vote as there wasn't an option I felt I could tick. I think there will still be a degree of mask wearing indoors for some time to come but I do think they will ease up on masks outside hopefully in time for the summer. We are due to go end of September so really hope there is some easing by then.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I think masks may be required to some degree until 2022.

However, with a trip already booked for September this year, I really hope they are not still required to be worn outside in the heat. This may well be a game changer for us.

We walked outside round a local garden centre the other day when it was quite warm (masks were required) but nothing like 'Florida hot' and it made me realise I would not be able tolerate a mask outside in the Florida heat. I would be comfortable wearing it inside though, particularly with the air conditioning on.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WindyMiller2 View Post
I think masks may be required to some degree until 2022.

However, with a trip already booked for September this year, I really hope they are not still required to be worn outside in the heat. This may well be a game changer for us.

We walked outside round a local garden centre the other day when it was quite warm (masks were required) but nothing like 'Florida hot' and it made me realise I would not be able tolerate a mask outside in the Florida heat. I would be comfortable wearing it inside though, particularly with the air conditioning on.

Yes I came out of the supermarket last week in the mini heat wave at 25 in my mask, kids and I looked at each other and said it’s not worth it for us to go in the heat and wear a mask.
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

For purely selfish reasons, I'm not too bothered about wearing masks at WDW - we ain't doing parks this trip! What does bother me though is wearing masks on the flight, imagine how constricting that might feel?
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List