Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Apr 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Shanghai / Tokyo planning

We should have been going to Tokyo this August but have cancelled as even if we are allowed to go we don’t think it will be the right time to go/ the right experience. So we are planning for next summer again and now thinking we may add on Shanghai as we have already done HongKong on a separate visit and it would complete our challenge to visit all the Disney parks in the world with our three daughters. Our eldest will be 21 next year and it may well be her last ‘big’ holiday she is able to come on with us as she’ll have completed her degree next year and will then be looking for a job. So the question is, do we do Shanghai first or last? My gut feeling is on the way home... I know it won’t compare to Tokyo and not expecting it to by the things I’ve read. I’m also thinking it might be better to get Chinese visas as we would like to have 3 days in the park, 2 days in the city. Any help appreciated.
Thanks x
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

For some reason I would do it on the way home also, but cannot think of a reason why lol.

One thing to be aware of, is that I read that currently the Chinese insist you have been vaccinated before a visit, but only with the Chinese version of the vaccine. Lots can change before you go but thought would point it out.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

This is worth a view too - enjoyed it a lot

AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
For some reason I would do it on the way home also, but cannot think of a reason why lol.

One thing to be aware of, is that I read that currently the Chinese insist you have been vaccinated before a visit, but only with the Chinese version of the vaccine. Lots can change before you go but thought would point it out.
Thanks, didn’t realise that. I’ll have to look into it more.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

This is worth a view too - enjoyed it a lot

Looks fantastic!
Old 12 Apr 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I honestly think that if I did both Shanghai and Tokyo in the same trip that I would be disappointed if I did Tokyo then Shanghai. The Tokyo Disney parks are amazing, lots of great rides and cool ride technology, all the guests and CMs are happy and polite, lots of really cool food items in the parks. Shanghai on the other hand is a new park with nice tech and a couple of truly great rides (PoTC and Tron!) but otherwise it is similar to most of the other castle Disney parks. Also, the guests and CMs are a huge contrast to Tokyo. Between the two resorts I would happily go back to Tokyo but would leave it at least a few more years before I go back to Shanghai.

Just be aware of prevailing restrictions and rules about travel as has been pointed out by AntonyJ...
Old 12 Apr 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, will bear travel restrictions in mind... nothing is set in stone yet anyway.
Old 14 Apr 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Old 15 Apr 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Amazing!
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber