Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Apr 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Pottermouse View Post
Faffing with their belongings in the overhead lockers when passengers are trying to board. Either be organised and put some of the things that you may need for the first hour in a separate section of your bag or sit down first and then faff.

The mess that people leave on the floor, we’ve even seen dirty nappies left on the floor, not even in a nappy sack

Kids left to their own devices... We were once on a flight to Phoenix where a mother was sitting behind us with her two children. As soon as the seatbelt light went off, she went to sit with her friend a good few rows back and the friend sent her kids down to sit behind us. Four young children on three seats, you can just imagine the mayhem! We tolerated it for so long and then the cabin crew got involved. Eventually the mother returned with an eye mask on her forehead, shouting at them “I’m trying to sleep back there and I get disturbed because you can’t behave yourselves” You couldn’t make it up!
We were once in the middle row of four seats, just the two of us and another couple. Immediately behind us were 4 very young children between 3 and 6 I’d say, parents nowhere to be seen.
We were ‘treated to seat kicking’ and the, ever so hilarious, up down table game with giggles for over an hour. We tried asking them to stop to no avail. Thankfully when asked, the cabin crew (BA) intervened and found the parents (2 sets sitting much further back all enjoying a drink) and made them swap 2 adults for 2 children. We got glared at for interrupting their fun but had a peaceful rest of the flight.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
OMG I remember those announcements too and them totally being ignored as people slept on the floor by both the emergency exits and the toilets down the back !
We were flying from Qantas from Hong Kong to Sydney and when we got on the plane noticed that including us there were only 3 Europeans in economy. The section was filled with a touring party from mainland China, all dressed in the same bright red nylon track suits. We lost 2 or 3 slots because as fast as their hand luggage was put up by the CC they took it down and held it on their knees.

I needed my diabetic kit from my hand luggage as I felt a hypo coming on, lovely CC brought me a pile of snacks and orange juice as we had sat there so long. Riot almost ensued as everyone demanded the same. They were threatened with being thrown off.

Once we actually took off they lay down in every conceivable space, using hand luggage for pillows, and refused to move. When it was mealtime there was an announcement that only people sat in their seat would be served, served, that was 3 meals. The group leader was going hairless as he had no control.

On arrival in Australia I was dreading being behind them at customs but the CC had a word and we were waved through while the group were taken off to a room.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List