Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jun 18, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

We had that predicament for this year so are going early to be back for the results( 16 th) . My birthday is 17th and they are usually sometime around that. Do you have another child affected by school hols? If not I'd go mid- late July depending on how long you like to be out there for.m
Old 11 Jun 18, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Should've added we too need to know for 2020... I have just viewed th e 2020 calendar and I would think the 13th us correct with GCSE's on the 20th I doubt they'd leave it much later than that due to schools returning and the GCSE pupils need time to sort where they are going if they don't obtain the results for their chosen 6th form.
Old 11 Jun 18, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

My DD is mid A levels right now and DS is mid GCSEs. DD was asking if we could go to Florida as a post exam treat ( we are also celebrating some milestone birthdays). They both have their last exam 22nd June and no school thereafter. I therefore booked for us to fly on 24th June which was a lot cheaper as it's still term time. It means they are both missing their end of year prom but neither intended to go.

Edited at 06:55 AM.
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

It is usually 2 Thursdays before the bank holiday at the end of August which would make it 20th August in 2020. GCSE results day is usually on the Thursday before the Bank Holiday. I'm an exams officer and that is usually the pattern they follow. There is always discussion though about moving the date earlier for unis. Next year it is the 3rd Thursday in the month.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
It is usually 2 Thursdays before the bank holiday at the end of August which would make it 20th August in 2020. GCSE results day is usually on the Thursday before the Bank Holiday. I'm an exams officer and that is usually the pattern they follow. There is always discussion though about moving the date earlier for unis. Next year it is the 3rd Thursday in the month.
That is interesting. I had always counted it from the start of the month and got caught on the hop one year when we were away at the wrong time. It was GCSEs so not such a bother, but not sure I would want to do it for a levels.

Presumably if they do opt to change the date they will give a serious amount of notice - as people do try and plan ahead !

Edited at 07:27 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was also pretty sure results day for a levels was the third Thursday in August (it is this year for instance) GCSE is one week later

However with GCSE sometimes (when the dates fall in a way that the fourth Thursday is very late) they bring it forward to the Tuesday as otherwise some schools (Northern Ireland mainly) will be starting sixth form having only had the Friday to sort out any dilemmas from getting unexpected grades.

However take all this with a pinch of salt - the third Thursday results day is a tradition/habit it is not a given and any year they could change it...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

It will either be Thursday 13th or Thursday 20th. I'd plan to have your holiday and be back by the 13th.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilsa
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Thank you everyone. I have sent an enquiry form off to QCA and JCQ so see if they can shed any firm light on it.
We also have DS11, so are still constrained to school holidays.
If/when I receive a response I will update here.

First family Florida holiday August 2014
Disneyland Paris 2015
Florida 2017

Edited at 08:42 PM.
Ilsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilsa
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Exam Results Day

The JCQ website now shows the dates for GCSE results in 2020 as Thursday 20th August, which means A Level results day 2020 will be Thursday 13th of August.

Yay!

First family Florida holiday August 2014
Disneyland Paris 2015
Florida 2017
Ilsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List