Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 5 Dec 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

I hate UK Theme Parks and I have dragged myself to quite a few. I honestly can't stand them! WDW and Universal is a completely different kettle of fish and I absolutely love them. So maybe your husband will love Florida theme parks. Would he not give it a go at all?
I also think there is nothing wrong with taking your children and leaving him at home if he really doesn't want to go

Edited at 11:50 AM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Does he like holidays.
Would it be worth being in a Villa offsite?
You and the kids could do the parks and then still have family time out with parks and for some meals etc!
Seeing you all having fun may change his mind?

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hello and welcome to The Dibb.

hmmm, I suppose everyone is different. I know plenty of people who are put off going to the states as present.

Either way you'll have a magical time
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
Just a slightly different slant from my experience. DW hated theme parks, we had brought the kids to a few in the UK, Chessington, Thorpe Park, etc and DW hated them, avoided the rides and was generally off form the whole time.

In 2010, we decided to go to WDW, 'for the kids', supposed to be a once off. Although the kids and I were really looking forward to it, I did have some concerns about how DW would be. But she loved it, totally switched off from the outside world and immersed herself in the holiday. She has now become the biggest Disney fan in the house, which is a feat in itself, and is the main driver for returning again and again. Pretty much every other holiday we go on has to be compared to WDW re costs and potential.

It may or may not happen with your DH of course, but it really is a different 'reality' to other Theme Parks as you know it.

So I wouldn't completely discount him coming, but if it transpires that he doesn't, I would definitely go for it with just the kids.
This is the same as my dh, very negative about our trip, doesn't like them parks, hates rides, "never been that fussed about usa" showed zero interest and enthusiasm... we are going for the fifth time in August, and hes been planning the trip after that already..."Because we always go every other year"... he was the biggest negative nelly at the prospect before he went, now he doesn't shut up about it and constantly tells everyone how great it is and to join the dibb.

It may not have turned out this way of course, but you dont know until you try. We have always stayed off site, dont know if that helped or not.