Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 7 Jan 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

We went to Oakridge gun range. Fantastic service, its a local gun range but very well catered to tourists (in fact there was only one local in there, the rest were Brits). Its not far from Florida Mall. They were very professional and knowledgeable and my husband had an amazing time. I just watched but they let me go in with him. Would definitely recommend. For 2 guns rentals, lane rental, bullets, clip and targets it cost just under $80 dollars. We were there for about an hour.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lipz
Earning More Ears

I've been looking to book a gun range and I was looking at Orlando gun club, glad to hear those who went had a good day.

What I can't decide and sorry for hijacking your thread, is should I opt for the Shooting packages or the Al a carte ? What did everyone choose ? I was thinking of booking the Battle package but I'm afraid as someone said the ammunition runs out in seconds, is it better to go for a package with hand guns as well as machine guns ?

What did you need to bring with you ? I read passport and I thought I read a copy of ESTA, do they ask for that ?

I see two addresses on their website, which one is nearest to International drive, I've google mapped both addresses and they seem to be similar.
Lipz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lipz View Post
I've been looking to book a gun range and I was looking at Orlando gun club, glad to hear those who went had a good day.

What I can't decide and sorry for hijacking your thread, is should I opt for the Shooting packages or the Al a carte ? What did everyone choose ? I was thinking of booking the Battle package but I'm afraid as someone said the ammunition runs out in seconds, is it better to go for a package with hand guns as well as machine guns ?

What did you need to bring with you ? I read passport and I thought I read a copy of ESTA, do they ask for that ?

I see two addresses on their website, which one is nearest to International drive, I've google mapped both addresses and they seem to be similar.
Wasn't asked for Esta, just had to fill in a form and put in passport number, they ask if you are from an Esta country but did not have to prove it.
The ammunition only runs out in seconds if you chose the fully automatic rifles, they only had 2 of them when we visited, a Ak47 and I think the other may have been a Uzi, these empty their magazines when you pull the trigger, about 20 bullets in a second and most bullets went wild and I only hit the target with one or 2 shots. They had dozens of other semi automatic guns to choose from that only fire one shot each time you pull the trigger and that makes it a cheaper option, better for accuracy too.
Check the coupon books out when you visit restaurants as we got free vouchers for the range and only paid for the ammunition and a small fee for the scarily quick gun safety course ( only took less than 5 min before being left alone ).
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lipz
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by jclutton View Post
Wasn't asked for Esta, just had to fill in a form and put in passport number, they ask if you are from an Esta country but did not have to prove it.
The ammunition only runs out in seconds if you chose the fully automatic rifles, they only had 2 of them when we visited, a Ak47 and I think the other may have been a Uzi, these empty their magazines when you pull the trigger, about 20 bullets in a second and most bullets went wild and I only hit the target with one or 2 shots. They had dozens of other semi automatic guns to choose from that only fire one shot each time you pull the trigger and that makes it a cheaper option, better for accuracy too.
Check the coupon books out when you visit restaurants as we got free vouchers for the range and only paid for the ammunition and a small fee for the scarily quick gun safety course ( only took less than 5 min before being left alone ).

That's great, thanks for that info. I'll check out the different guns. Good to know about the coupons too, might wait till we are over there.
Lipz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
boo28
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did this today ! It was a great day out we were there at least 4 hours . Don was very knowledgeable and a great guy to talk to . He first talked about the weapon then showed us how to use it then we had a go . I would highly recommend this and we will be going back on future holidays.
Old 15 Aug 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
One of the best is floridafirearms adventure though it is a bit of a trek out so may not suit your needs. It last a few hours and is really well supervised you get to try several different guns on different target types and it is a real experience day rather than a here's a gun shot it over in ten mins type of place
Looks good. How much did it cost?
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List