Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I stayed at NB which is slightly further than SL. I was out early for EMH and stayed WELL past the fireworks ended (I have the empty Main Street pics to prove it ) and never felt unsafe walking it alone. The majority of the walk is through the Village rather than empty paths, it's only a couple of minutes from the last shop to the hotel. Always enough people about, no matter what time.

And unless the security points have moved since my last trip, I think you'd even be in line of sight of guards for the entire walk. Only time I wasn't was once I'd fully rounded the corner to walk past SL and down to NB.

Edited at 09:02 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Because the Village opens late there are always a lot of people around. It is perfecty safe

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
And unless the security points have moved since my last trip, I think you'd even be in line of sight of guards for the entire walk. Only time I wasn't was once I'd fully rounded the corner to walk past SL and down to NB.
Isn’t the separate security booth for NB still open?

So from NB you walk out to the lake, turn left instead of right, and just up past a little grassy area is the separate booth. You go through and come out behind Rainforest Cafe.

Much quicker than walking past SQL and round the lake.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Isn’t the separate security booth for NB still open?

So from NB you walk out to the lake, turn left instead of right, and just up past a little grassy area is the separate booth. You go through and come out behind Rainforest Cafe.

Much quicker than walking past SQL and round the lake.
It was certainly open in November. All felt very safe at night. Would certainly agree with HappyPanda, feels safer to walk than to negotiate the bus station after dark.
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Yes, the separate Newport Bay security tent is open (used it a few days ago), so Gill is right - it's quicker to walk direct to NPB and not past SL. NPB is closer to the parks than SL.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There was only one booth out to the resorts when I went (which was awhile ago) so maybe that path was closed at the time? The only way around was via the lake. Although on the near side of it, not directly in front of SL.

Edited at 11:02 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Its quicker to walk from sequoia lodge than catch a bus by the time you wait and board. Its a lovely short walk around the lake. Extremely safe, you are on Disney property. Its one of the perks of staying onsite. Do not worry, its very easy and very safe.