Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
slobby80
Having Dinner with Goofy

First Timers!

Hi all,

We have just got back from our 5th trip to Orlando. We are planning to go on a Californian road trip in summer 2021, so to get a Disney fix we have been looking at Paris for next Easter. I know absolutely nothing about DLP so any tips or help would be great so far I've got a price for 30/3/20-3/4/20 2 ads and our boys who will be 14 and 10, it's at Sequoia Lodge, half board for £1300 approx. Is this a decent price? Is it a nice hotel? We get discounted Eurostar so that should be fine.

Many Thanks in advance
slobby80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Sequoia Lodge is a lovely hotel, its a 10 min walk from the parks.

Easter will be busy, so make use of Extra Magic Time and fastpass. Fastpass at DLP is the paper version where you scan your ticket at the machines near the rides for a return time.

Also book your meals which you can do 60 days ahead, that way you don't need to worry about getting the times/places you want.

Attractions wise there are some great rides at DLP, in terms of must do's that you can't get at WDW put Crush's Coaster, Mickey and the Magician show and Ratatouille on the list. Space Mountain, Pirates and Big Thunder are widely regarded as better versions at DLP so don't miss those either!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello and welcome to the DLP board.

That isn't a bad price for the Sequoia Lodge, especially as it will include a hotel breakfast and the plus dining plan.

All the onsite hotels are really good - with the ages of your boys you may also want to look at the Cheyenne as this is the only onsite hotel to alter from the standard two double bed rooms. Here they have rooms that have one double bed, a single bed and separate trundle bed. This hotel is still within walking distance to the parks but doesn't have a swimming pool (personally we very rarely find the time to swim so isn't a deal breaker for us). The only other downside is you'd only get the 'standard' meal plan here rather than the 'plus' version.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I went to Orlando in 1992 and 1997 then not again until 2015 in between we have been many times to DLP we live in Kent and have had annual,passes for several years and loved it.

However when we went in 2015 after coming back from WDW it felt flat I know we should not have tried to compare but we did.

Please acknowledge before you go that this is not WDW or Anaheim it does not have the bubble feeling or you may feel like us disapointed.

We have had one day in Anaheim last year and nothing this year planned (yet) but we will not try to get a fix by using DLP as a substitute.

Sorry to be so negative but I would rather share our experience hoping it can help someone else.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Onceuponadreamx
Helping Donald

My first time at DLP was 6 months after returning from WDW - I must admit the first couple of days I absolutely hated it and swore never to return... by the 3rd day I'd enquired about annual passes haha! I think as Sew109 said, it doesn't really have the bubble feeling BUT there are so many aspects of DLP I actually now prefer to WDW.. the rides for one are actually a lot more thrilling than their US counterparts I found.. and Crush's Coaster is one of my favourite rides of all time so be sure to go for a few spins once you get there!
Onceuponadreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List