Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Dec 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Family Travel insurance including adult children?

We are still waiting not so patiently to book our Virgin flights for our 3 week Florida holiday next July. Have Dibb villas booked already and was thinking about getting travel insurance sorted. This is the first time we've come across this problem as DD will be 20 when we go and DS1 will be 18. I've tried a couple of places and they will only let you get a family policy when there is a max of 2 adults. When I changed it to a group booking the prices were astronomical - like £8oo +

I wonder if I should I do two separate family bookings - 1 for DH & DD and the other for me, DS1 and DS2 (who will be 15)? Or can anyone recommend an insurance company that allows multiple adults in the one booking? We are all living at the same address, if that makes a difference.
Old 13 Dec 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Are they both in full time education.
I have a current account with Nationwide. I pay £13 a month but one of the perks is worldwide travel insurance for all the family
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Are they both in full time education.
I have a current account with Nationwide. I pay £13 a month but one of the perks is worldwide travel insurance for all the family
Rob
DD (20) will be finished her 2nd year and university and DS will be due to start university in September (currently in A-level year).

We don't have a Nationwide account, but might be worth considering. Although this will probably be the last big family holiday, at least for a few years.
Old 13 Dec 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Young adults still in full time education (up to 22 or 23 I think) are included with our policy with NatWest too.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sending you a pm
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Not understanding why people would quote so high just for 4 adults rather than 2 adults and 2 kids. My "kids" are 23 and 27 and an ANNUAL policy with aviva was under 200 and 143 in the end after existing customer discount as I have home and motor ins with them and then booking via quidco. And that includes couple of minor medical conditions disclosed. You will get cover no bother at reasonable price assuming no major medical issues.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thefergies View Post
Not understanding why people would quote so high just for 4 adults rather than 2 adults and 2 kids. My "kids" are 23 and 27 and an ANNUAL policy with aviva was under 200 and 143 in the end after existing customer discount as I have home and motor ins with them and then booking via quidco. And that includes couple of minor medical conditions disclosed. You will get cover no bother at reasonable price assuming no major medical issues.
This is what we have, an annual policy with aviva and my children are 20 and 25, it also covers individual travel and pre-existing conditions for less than £200 - but we have had it for several years. I looked to remove my daughter but it was cheaper to keep her than get a new quote!

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Should have added all living at same address as per your situation. Aviva not available on comparison sites, you would need to go via their own site. And try annual quote even if this is only planned trip as strangely it can sometimes be cheaper or only marginally more expensive than single trip cover.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Insure and Go are great for a family policy with children aged over 18.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks guys - I’ll try both of those. I hadn’t thought to try annual policy. 👍