Notices

Old 8 Oct 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Cant resist a cheap flight in half term, Benidorm, Feb 2018

Quick introduction.
Myself, julie and Oh, Matt.

Wasn't planning on booking anything in February but I always look at flights prices in half term as I work in a school.
I happened to find bargain flights, £75 return for 2 adults. It is with Ryan air, I know they are getting a lot of bad press at the moment and people hate them but as I have said before, we have never had a problem flying with them and at that price for the both of us, I couldn't resist booking.
Dates are Monday 12th February until Thursday 15th, only 3 nights but good flight times. Going out at 6.30am from Stansted and leaving at 7.15pm from Alicante.
We have been to Benidorm before, about 8 years ago but Matt has started watching the programme since then. Plus we took dd, who loved the pool at the hotel and didn't really explore so we did plan to return at some point.
The hotel is Sandos monaco Beach hotel and spa, we were a bit restricted with choice as we wanted all inclusive and not many hotels offer this in February, reviews are good and it is actually an adults only hotel. Cost is £269 all inclusive. We will go out and about, we just like having most of it paid before we leave and enjoy our afternoon drinks by the pool. The food reviews are good so I will be taking lots of photos.

We will definitely be visiting all the Benidorm programme sights, oh can watch it repeatedly without getting bored.
I have booked the Hilton Hampton hotel for the night we return as I dont really fancy driving home in the dark, not knowing what the weather will be like when we get home and shattered from travelling. Plus Matt and I can relax and have a drink on our last day.
It was £71 which includes breakfast and a free shuttle to and from the airport.
The first price was £99 with booking.com, they offer free cancellation so its worth checking back to see if the price changes.
I have booked a transfer, shared shuttle with hoppa just one way from the airport to the hotel. We have used hoppa in the past with no problems, but they give you the time of your pick up and on our last holiday the return pick up time was too early for us and we couldn't change it so we spent an hour or so more than we needed to at the airport which was tiny.
We looked at the bus both ways but thought it would be easier to get dropped off at the hotel and save wondering around looking for it. We will check out the bus while we are they and decide if we will take that or just book a transfer back.
Price was £11.63 with a discount code.
We are parking the car at Jetparks Monday to Friday was £45 with a discount code through holiday extras. Never used Jetpark before, we used to book meet and greet but then started to take ages to park. We tried short stay but that was a fair walk to the airport so we are giving this a go this time.
I couldn't really get a good deal with parking at the hotel and as we have to be at the airport super early I dont really want to faff about checking the car in before we leave.
Euros are ordered with moneycorp, we do this all the time now. they offer a good rate if you pre order and if the exchange rate is better on the day you get the better rate.
So, another little trip away on the cards next year, and another one without dd, we are trying to prepare ourselves for when she goes away to uni. (and get the holidays in before we have to help fund it)

Edited at 09:17 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List