Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Dec 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The BIG Florida Comeback - 4th September 2018 - Celebration Golf Club, Town Tavern & Bahama Breeze

Day 20

Got woken up by Jim at 6.50 as I had agreed (begrudgingly) to drive his buggy whilst him and Bill played golf at Celebration. It seemed like a good idea at the time but after only 5 hours of sleep I was like a zombie! In fact I could have auditioned for one of the ghouls in last nights Boo to You Parade . Jim was really excited for me to see him play a round so I didn’t moan (much )

The kids were still fast asleep. I had said they could stay at the villa as long as they didn’t go in the pool. I knew that they probably wouldn’t move out of their beds let alone out of their rooms!
We arrived at Celebration at 7.30am and met Bill and Sylvia out the front.

Jim went into pay then we got our respective buggy’s and we were off. I was still half asleep so Jim drove for the first few holes.
They got a few practice shots in first then the game began. I tried to feign an interest I really did but

I however was very interested in trying to spot an alligator! Lots of wildlife but unfortunately no gators, loads of Water snakes though.
What was lovely was the most beautiful views and the stunning houses around the greens.

This is my favourite on the 15th Hole, it was HUGE!

It was a close finish with Jim winning by 1 point. In the end I did actually enjoy myself, I think I needed to wake up properly first!

We were done by 12.10, which was nearly 4 and a half hours. Slow round by Jim’s standards!

Jim and I now went to pick the kids up from the villa and told Bill & Sylvia we would meet them in Celebration Town Tavern.
I text Hope to say we were on the way and to make sure they were both ready. Only took 10 mins to get back.
Soon turned around and headed back to Celebration!

Parked in the same place as last year on Front Street literally a stones throw from the Town Tavern.

Bill and Sylvia had already got a table so we went through to join them in the covered patio area.
We had the same server as last year, what are the odds
Ordered 4 sodas then I went with what I had last year. Black Jack Chicken Hoagie Roll with mash. This is Cajun spiced chicken with melted cheese in a soft roll. Jim, Hope and Sam all went with burgers. Boring! Sylvia had a salad and Bill a burger too.
Food soon came out and was as delicious as I remembered. Very creamy mash!

We all had clean plates.
No one wanted dessert as I planned to have a Kilwins ice cream. Bill and Sylvia very kindly paid for lunch so I’m not sure what it came to

From here we walked up the Street to get an ice cream but first stopped in Woof Gang Bakery for some posh treats for our golden lab Boris. We are really missing him. It makes going home so much more bearable!

This is such a great shop! We got him a few of the pick and mix biscuits and a Mickey ears treat too. $10.50 . Luckily he’s worth it.

Now next door to Kilwins. I went with Butter Pecan, Jim and Sam Fudge Brownie and Bill cappuccino all in a waffle cone. Hope just wanted a drink and Sylvia didn’t want one. $28 altogether.

We now took a walk round the front lake.

This really is the life! What I would do to live here and see this everyday. We really love Celebration, such a different pace of life

This was a GIANT grasshopper type bug. It was the size of a small bird!

We were soon back to the beginning where we walked Bill and Sylvia back to their car and bid them farewell as we weren’t going to see them again before both our flights tomorrow. They are on the Thomson flight back to Gatwick leaving from Sanford.

Back to the villa now where we all had some chill time and I packed up the remainder of our bits. The kids and Jim messed around in the pool whilst I even had a nap on the sofa as I was so tired!

Woke up at 6.30. None of us were overly hungry yet so we decided on a late dinner.
At about 8.30 we jumped in the car and made our way round to Bahama Breeze on the 192.

It was really quiet in here so got seated straight away. Jim and I have the same thing every time we come here so no need for menus but we still have a quick look just in case.
Nope, still going for the Buttermilk Chicken and mash for me and the Jamaican Jerk Chicken pasta for Jim. The kids both had kids chicken tenders meals.

Never too old for colouring in

We were all a little sad to be leaving but we have had such an amazing time and packed in so much we are actually ok about going home. The kids miss their friends and we miss Boris!

I ask the same question on every last night of the holiday and that is, what were your favourite parts?

Sam’s was the 9/11 museum which really surprised me. He found it fascinating and couldn’t quite believe the enormity of the disaster.

Hope couldn’t really pick one but she said Chicago at the theatre was high up there and has asked if we can see it again in London. She loved everything though.

Jim’s favourite was playing golf at Celebration this morning with me watching . Seriously? Thousands of pounds on a holiday and his favourite part could be one Sunday morning at Welwyn Garden City Golf Club .

I couldn’t pick just one for the whole holiday, so as I’m special I got to choose 1 from each place we had been.
For New York it has to be wandering around Central Park and Greenwich Village. To me it just summed up what I thought NY to be like.
Anna Maria Island was definitely seeing manatees, dolphins and newly hatched turtles all in the space of a few hours!
Orlando would be the shopping, our day at Universal and of course MNSSHP!

Our food soon arrived and was just as yummy as previous visits.

I really wanted to try the Key Lime Pie but no one else wanted a dessert so I asked for a piece to go.
The bill was a very reasonable $61 so left $72 after tip.

It was nearly 10 by the time we had finished so straight back to the villa. Jim hadn’t even started packing so he got straight onto that. I pottered around and did one last load of washing and made sure the kids were all sorted.

Bed at 11, I could barely keep my eyes open

Edited at 10:34 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh lucky you! You got woken up early so that you could be a buggy chauffeur. The photos of the golf course look great, it looks very hot though.

My kids still love the colouring in table mats in restaurants too. I always ask for the kids menu just so they can do the little quizzes as they don't order from there anymore!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh lucky you! You got woken up early so that you could be a buggy chauffeur. The photos of the golf course look great, it looks very hot though.

My kids still love the colouring in table mats in restaurants too. I always ask for the kids menu just so they can do the little quizzes as they don't order from there anymore!
I know right? I must have 'mug' written across my face! To be fair though, once I had woken up properly I did actually enjoy myself... Just! Celebration is so beautiful its hard not to love being there but I earned myself serious brownie points that morning
Its funny how kids grow up so quickly now sometimes its the simplest things that keep them happy!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Wow, if Welwyn Garden City Golf Club is like that is it expensive to join?
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ooh I felt tired for you having to be in buggy duty, I’m glad it turned out to be Jim’s highlight !
Looks like a nice day, celebration is always so lovely to look around and some final chilling out at home is good too.
Dinner looked yum .. another place we haven’t made it to !
Sad face at going home plans though ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

I feel the same about golf 😉
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by prugone View Post
Wow, if Welwyn Garden City Golf Club is like that is it expensive to join?
Unfortunately Welwyn is no where near as pretty as Celebration but still a lovely club. I’m not sure how much the annual fees are, around £1500?

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 28 Dec 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ooh I felt tired for you having to be in buggy duty, I’m glad it turned out to be Jim’s highlight !
Looks like a nice day, celebration is always so lovely to look around and some final chilling out at home is good too.
Dinner looked yum .. another place we haven’t made it to !
Sad face at going home plans though ...
I know what a douche right?
I love Celebration, when my numbers come in I want to buy a massive house on the lake 😉
Oh you must try Bahama Breeze, I’ve never had a bad meal there!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 28 Dec 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
I feel the same about golf 😉
I am the ultimate golf widow at home and on holiday. I really can’t see the fascination in the sport 😩

IG - alicialanesmith