Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Jan 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Just read all your food report so far in one go. Fabulous, really enjoying it. I do love the food reports. It's so nice to see photo's of the food and the portion size.
Thank you, I'm glad your enjoying it. I love the food reports they gave me so many ideas before we went. The portion sizes are generally really big, in Disney anyway. The boys could have regularly shared meals and I think in future I probably would get them to share meals even TS meals and save the credits so we could have another meal as they rarely ate a full meal between them never mind each! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Final Day

Day 14 ~ Blaze, Cookes of Dublin, D-Luxe Burger, Earl Of Sandwich, Left Over Credits and Plane Food ~ 10th November 2018

I apologise againas I didn't taken any notes at all for today and my photos were scarce too, well and truly in the Disney blues

We didn't have any breakfast, we just snacked on the crisps and snacks that were in the room.

Having such fussy kid's meant we went to 3 different places for lunch but at least we got to try different things.

Blaze, Cookes of Dublin and D-Luxe Burger

Firstly we went to Blaze for Caitlin as she wanted pizza.

Caitlin:

Build Your Own 2 Top Pizza - Sauce, Cheese and 2 Toppings. High-rise Dough or Gluten-Free Dough - $9.45

She had chicken and ham and also got some garlic knots using a snack credit, not the best use, but we had too many to think about right now! She also got a sprite with this.

Caitlin loved the pizza, she said it was the best pizza she'd had on the trip, even trumping Tony's! She ate almost all of it, I think Chris finished the last piece. This is a place we're really looking forward to going to again, I'm even tempted to go when we're there in May!

We've just recently discovered MOD pizza near us and I must admit it's very similar to Blaze, so we're managing to get our fix here

Chris and I ate the garlic knots and they were lovely too.

This was 1 QS and 1 SNACK credit.

Next up the boys wanted fish and chips (again!)

Cookes of Dublin

Thomas and Noah:

The Original One & One (Fish & Chips) - Served with Chips and our freshly made Tartar Sauce - $11.95

For some reason we didn't take a picture of the fish and chips so this will have to do

The boys shared this and both really enjoyed it. We tried a little and it was nice but the same as last night almost.

This was 1 QS credit.

Next up was lunch for me and Chris.

D-Luxe Burger

I was really looking forward to this as I love a good burger, I had a couple over the holiday but this was the one I was looking forward too the most.

Classic Cheeseburger - Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onion and Pickle- $10.49

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich- Fried Chicken Breast topped with Buffalo Sauce, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato - $12.49

We also used a snack credit for a portion of fries

We pre ordered on the app here, somehow we ended up waiting almost 30 minutes (screen said 28 minutes) before we actually got our order I went and enquired about it twice to be told it was almost ready. Now I'm not sure if this tainted our judgment, but neither of us were blown away. I'd much prefer a Five Guys burger over one of these any day! We did have to wolf our food down though as we needed to head to Ghiradelli and Goofy's Candy Co to use up our remaining credits before getting back to POR for the Tragical Express.

This was 2 QS and 1 SNACK credit.

Next we headed to Ghiradelli to use up some snack credits, I think we used another 6 snack credits in here.

We then decided to get a couple of sandwiches for the plane.

Earl Of Sandwich

The kid's didn't want anything so Chris and I got a sandwich each for the plane. We didn't think about the french dips having a dip clues in the name but we obviously weren't thinking. Service in here was REALLY slow, like snails pace slow, it was ridiculous to be honest! I waited over 20 minutes. Sadly I don't have a picture of these, they ended up in the bin such a waste!

Next up we headed to Goofy's Candy Co to use up the rest of our credits.

I just didn't have time to take a photo of the snacks we got but we got a mixture of gummy sweets, lolly's and rice crispy treats (including 3 make your own!)

After all this I thought we had used all our credits (we converted the QS credits to snacks too) We then got the boat back to POR. When I was collecting our luggage from Bell Services I checked the app and seen we still had 1 QS credit left somehow, so I left Chris with the kid's and popped down to the food court where I paid for a lady's meal, she was very grateful.

Burger King

We had forgotten all about the french dip sandwiches, they were in one of the 3000 pieces of hang luggage we had ok it was only 5 but it felt like 3000!

The kid's shared nuggets and Chris and I got a burger. Chris wasn't keen on the philly cheese steak but I enjoyed both. The kid's enjoyed their nuggets too.

Plane Food

Sadly I don't have any actual pictures of the food but I did manage to get a photo of the menu.

Just found a photo of Chris's food, it looks like it's seen better days no wonder he didn't like it

I didn't eat anything on this flight (apart from the pastry just before we landed) as I took my sleeping tablets and they knocked me out Chris has the chicken meatballs but he said he really didn't enjoy them at all.

So that's it for our report. I will do another post with our highs and lows and favourite and worst restaurants, QS and snacks. Thank you all for reading x

Snacks: 29 USED – 0 LEFT
QS Credits:14 USED- 0 LEFT
TS Credits: 0 USED - 0 LEFT

Edited at 10:35 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Thank you so much for sharing, I really enjoyed reading along and its given me some ideas for our ADRs.

I must admit I didn't think you were going to be able to use up all those snack credits, I'm impressed! x
Old 27 Jan 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can’t believe I nearly missed your last days food, I don’t know how that happened because I’m usually haunting the food report threads! 😂

Anyway, it’s been a fab report and I’ve really enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Looking forward to your highs and lows.

Kat 😃
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for the report, really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Thank you so much for sharing, I really enjoyed reading along and its given me some ideas for our ADRs.

I must admit I didn't think you were going to be able to use up all those snack credits, I'm impressed! x
I'm glad you liked reading along, there were some great ADR's in there. We did get them all used, but it was the cheats way We're still eating the candy and chocolates now!

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Can’t believe I nearly missed your last days food, I don’t know how that happened because I’m usually haunting the food report threads! 😂

Anyway, it’s been a fab report and I’ve really enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Looking forward to your highs and lows.

Kat 😃
I did rush the last couple of to be fair, I wanted it finished so I could focus on the trip report and the new pre trippie ... plus I have assignments to do Thank you for reading along x

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Thanks for the report, really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one
Thanks for reading! X
Old 27 Jan 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafiki22
Dancing with Tink'

Great trip report, thanks for sharing. I have a fussy eater DD so our DDP will be similar to yours I think! I've got some good ideas from you too on places I wasn't sure about so will add them into my planning x
Rafiki22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So there we have it, just like that it was all over. All the late/sleepless nights worrying over ADR's, whether I choose the right ones, whether the kid's would actually eat the food, whether they were at the right times, whether we would be too tired to eat ... and it was all done.

I'll start off with the lows, then rate our top ones.

3 Worst QS

1. Satu'li Canteen

Now I know this is a massive hit for most people, it just didn't hit the spot for us. The food isn't the type of food we normally eat, so I think we struggled with the flavours. I can see how lots of people rate this place but for us it's not one we would return too sadly.

2. Burger Digs

Now this isn't Disney but it was one of the worst QS meals we had, the portion sizes were appalling for the price too which I think may also have clouded our judgement. It was nothing special and I think next time were at Universal we wouldn't return.

3. Casey's Corner

This was pretty standard food, it wasn't that we really didn't like it, it was just what it was if that makes sense? We've had to choose 3, we didn't have a bad experience, it was just one of the QS meals we weren't to bothered about.

Top 5 QS Meals

Now I really struggled with this as I enjoyed so many of the QS meals. I've managed to narrow mine down to the top 5

1. Wolfgang Puck Express

I really struggled with first and second place as I enjoyed both meals so much but seeing as generally we were on the DDP I thought it would be best to focus more on the Disney meals than not. So first up is Wolfgang Puck's, those who read the report will know just how much I rated this. As a reminder, I had the rotisserie chicken with garlic mash. This wasn't like regular QS food it was more like TS food. Not just because you are served at your table even though it's a QS, but the quality of the food was like that of a restaurant. Whenever anyone asks for recommendations for QS food in DS I ALWAYS recommend Wolfgang Puck, we're even considering paying OOP in May when we visit DS, that's how much we liked it! Here's a picture to remind you of that lovely chicken!

2. Steak N Shake

I know this isn't on the DDP but it just HAD to come second. All I ever talk about is that garlic burger and how I can't wait to have another in May Sadly the service in here really let things down, it hasn't put us off going again though. The burger was so juicy and tasty and the price definitely helped sway things too (I think it was less than $5 for the burger and fries!) So my garlic burger has to come a very close second!

3. Be Our Guest - Lunch

it's got to be Be Our Guest lunch. The french dip sandwich was lovely and also huge, to be fair Chris and I could have shared that and been happy enough with it! You also get the bonus of the amazing Beauty and The Beast dining experience, it's a shame you can't meet the Beast but the theme and decor certainly make up for it. This is another QS that's technically like a TS meal as food is brought to the table. We would definitely return to BoG for lunch again.

4. Port Orleans Riverside Food Court

This is technically a cheat but I couldn't choose between all the meals we had here. In fact we never had a bad meal at the Food Court. From the pasta and burger to the breakfast options. We always found the food from the food court, hot tasty and fresh. I didn't anticipate using many credits here but as it happened we use quite a few of our QS credits here. My favourite breakfast item was the Mickey Waffle with bacon and syrup ... mmm I could just eat that right now! A tough call for main meals, but I think I'd have to go for the Bayou burger, now that was lovely, still not as lovely as the garlic burger at Steak N Shake though I'm even tempted to pop to POR Food Court one morning during our May trip just to get my fix of a Mickey Waffle

5. Pecos Bills

The final top QS for me is Pecos Bills. All we got there was Nachos but they were so nice, I would go as far as saying the best nachos we've ever had. The restaurant is quite big and it was easy to get a seat. We also loved the toppings bar, it's great we could just go put what we wanted on the nachos. We would definitely return here in future.

I didn’t struggle with the next lot as much as I expected sadly, but here are our bottom 3. meals.

Lowest 3 TS Restaurants

1. Mickey’s Backyard BBQ

This is no longer available so our opinion is kind of redundant really but it was one of the worst meals we had. I know the whole point of it is for the experience rather than the food, but as this is the dining report I think it’s best I rate it on the food. There is a good selection of food here, however, if you don’t like BBQ food you’re a bit knackered. This is a buffet meal where you help yourself, for 2 TS credits the food isn’t worth it, in fact I would put the food on par with QS food. The entertainment was really good and it was great the kid’s could dance with the characters, but if it was still available I wouldn’t personally recommend it.

2. Mama Melrose

I was really looking forward to this meal as I love Italian. Sadly none of us were wowed. I had heard mixed reviews about it before going so I was prepared for it to not meet expectations, which sadly it didn’t. The meat in here was very tough, in fact I’d go as far to say it was the toughest meat I had all holiday. I found the mac and cheese really overpowering and I just couldn’t enjoy it. The desserts were mediocre. I think the restaurant has great potential but the food really lets it down. I think a similar menu to Tony’s Town Square where you can choose your own dessert as opposed to having to have the trio would be so much better. We would possibly return here but we wouldn’t order steak.

3. Trattoria Al Forno

This was quite a hard one to choose but having just discussed with Chris we agreed this was one of the meals we enjoyed the least. Again I put this down to our personal tastes as the place gets great reviews. The atmosphere and characters are great especially for the price as it isn’t priced as highly as the other character meals. We ordered the steak, now I’m not sure if it was the fact it was only 8am and we were eating steak that put us off or whether it just wasn’t to our tastes. The pancakes were nice and the portion sizes were generous but it’s not somewhere we would rush back to for breakfast at least.

Top 5 TS Restaurants

1. 1900 Park Fare

I decided to choose only 1 buffet for the top TS restaurants as they were all pretty similar. I decided on 1900 Park Fare as we loved everything about it here. The food selection is really good (plus the kid's loved the fact they could have gummy bears for breakfast ) The service was brilliant and the characters were great. It was a tough call between this Tusker House and Akershus. As much as I loved Tusker House, we didn't think much of the food choices. Again with Akershus we loved it but the food choices were quite limited for the kids. However, we did love the family style buffet of having the food brought to the table and replenishing as we needed it.

Back to 1900 Park Fare, jungle juice also managed to pip 1900 Park Fare ahead of Akershus. This stuff is amazing, I tried to recreate it at home and it's just not the same The character interaction was great here and they didn't push Noah either which was good. The food was hot and fresh and so much to choose from. If we were on the DDP again this would be a must for us!

2. Sanaa

We loved everything about Sanaa. From the theme to the food. Next time we would request a table by the window, it was great to watch the animals outside. The food was second to none, we all really enjoyed this and it was great to see Caitlin enjoy a meal and even ask for seconds! I was caught slightly off guard when the CM said we could choose 2 dishes for our main, so I panicked and just choose the first thing I seen as I didn't want to hold her up. Either way it was still lovely and remains one of our favourite non buffet meals. The bread service was a big hit although now we've done it I'm not sure we'd do it again. If you do decide to go here you must order the butter chicken, it is amazing.

3. Raglan Road

This was another of our favourite TS meals. The atmosphere in here is great. If you don't like noise, it's best to avoid it as it's very lous and noisey with the entertainment. As you may or may not know our youngest is Autistic and struggles with busy environments but he really enjoyed this too. The food was great and we honestly couldn't fault any of it. The kid's also loved it and everyone said it was one of the best meals we'd had. We would definitely return on a future trip!

Just a little tip, if your fancying fish and chips you can go to the Cookes Of Dublin next door for a much cheaper fish and chips

4. Homecomin’

This was our first TS meal and we really enjoyed it. The restaurants theme is really good and the food is amazing. The portion sizes are absolutely huge, you could easily share an entrée per 2 people. If we went again we would definitely do it this way as we wasted so much food here. Our service was a little hit and miss but it didn’t taint our views of it thankfully. We wouldn’t hesitate to come back here for a meal and possibly even paying OOP for it. Definitely a must try for anyone who loves chicken.

5. Bubba Gumps

This was the only TS meal we ate offsite but it reaches the top 5! We’ve done Bubba Gumps in London before so we had an idea what to expect. The theme inside the restaurant is fabulous. Our server was brilliant, so attentive and fun, we failed at the quiz though The food in here was lovely and the portion sizes were huge. It was also a really cheap meal for us as we had $50 of Landry rewards to use. We didn’t try any shrimp as we aren’t huge fish lovers but the burgers were lovely (still doesn’t win my Steak N Shake burger, although Chris disagrees).

Bottom 3 Snacks

1. Chicken Fried Rice – AK – Yak and Yeti Cafes

I really wanted to enjoy this but it just didn’t taste nice at all, I would probably try it with a credit but I wouldn’t pay out of pocket for it. We wouldn’t try it again.

2. Le Fous Brew – MK – Gastons Tavern

We really didn’t like this, I don’t like apple juice so my opinion doesn’t count but the others found it very sweet and sickly.

3. Cheeseburger Spring Rolls – MK - Adventureland

These were really greasy which sadly ruined the taste, the filling was nice enough but the roll part completely changed the taste … now this technically isn’t a snack credit as it’s $7.50 and not a snack credit but I was struggling to find a third

Top 5 Snacks

1. Night Blossom – AK – Pongu Pongu

This drink was so refreshing and I only wish we could have had more, if you have snack credits to use make sure you try these!

2. Mickey Pretzel

Caitlin and I are on our own with this one but we loved the Mickey Pretzel, I’m still sad we didn’t wait in the queue at HS on our last day for one. It’s a great use of a snack credit and rather filling too!

3. Cheshire Cat’s Tail

Obviously I was the only one to try this but it’s definitely going on my list for next time, you’ll find it in MK by the Mad Tea Party ride.

4. Pulled Pork Fries – AK – Flame Tree BBQ

Chris choose this one, he loved the pulled pork fries and I agree they were a great use of a snack credit, just a pain I don’t like pork or BBQ

5. Funnel Cake

This was a great use of a snack credit and is more than big enough to share, we all really enjoyed this. We got ours in Epcot but you can get them at most parks I think.

There we have it, our favourites and our not so favourites from the DDP.

Would we get the DDP again? Probably if we got free dining, we would upgrade, although try some different restaurants (and some repeats!)
Is it worth it? If you get free DDP or QSDP (and plan and eating at more than 3 restaurants and pay to upgrade) I would say it is worth it.

I think if we had paid OOP for the DDP we wouldn’t have got our money’s worth as we used a lot of credits to bring snacks back as we had way too many, we also used a lot on bottles of water and pop which we could have taken with us for a much cheaper price.

I would just like to say a huge thank to everyone who read the report and I really hope it helps some people out 😊 keep an eye out for our off site dining report coming in May! Xx

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Old 2 Feb 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Great food report I am only on QSDP but there seems to be a lot of options
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Great food report I am only on QSDP but there seems to be a lot of options
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. We really didn't utilise the QS credits. There are so many more places they can be used. I'm sure you will love it 😊 definitely try Blaze! X