Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 14 Jan 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Extra Hamilton tickets were released at midday today. Tickets start at £12.50 so much more affordable than $700!
He’s not interested in affordable 😂. He’s seen it in London about 4 times now as well and is spending today talking my OH into seeing it!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
$700! Hope he enjoyed it 😂

I know what you mean about avoiding shows that you think you won’t enjoy. I love the film of Wizard of Oz so avoided Wicked feeling that it wouldn’t live up to the film. But DD wanted to see it, so we went last November. I loved it, we all did, obviously it was a different story to Wizard of Oz but faithful to the original story whilst being fresh and original.

I love Billy Elliot, makes me cry floods of tears though. My dad was a miner during the strike and I was just a teenager living at home in a small Welsh mining community so the story is very emotional for me.

Cardiff WMC is our usual theatre, we love the building too. We live about 40 minutes from there so it’s nice and easy to get to 😀
I have to say, I am not a wicked fan! I’ve worked it twice now, once in merchandise and once dressing. I loved working it in both of those capacities. But I cannot sit and watch the show. I love the music, the costumes are amazing, the story is great. But I just cannot sit through it. I’ve paid to see it twice, I’ve probably seen it around 10x including the odd few front of house shifts I had to do. That’s more than enough for me.

You’ll find me blaring the music in my car though!

FINALLY. The Lion King 2019 tour has been announced! I’ve only been waiting about 12 months for this to go public If this is something you haven’t seen, the tour is fantastic. I preferred the 2012 tour to the West End Production.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Myself,Mum and dd8 went to see Matilda on Saturday at WMC,it was fantastic. The children who took part were superb, bright,colourful and great fun.
We watched Elf at motorpoint centre in Dec, Martine Mccutcheon and David Essex took part in it, didnt think much of it,was very disappointed. Seats were terrible, I paid nearly £250 for our family of 5 my 2 youngest couldn't see a thing and the rest of us didn't see much either. Didn't like the songs or scenery gutted as Elf is our favourite Christmas film.

Have just booked to see Annie in August and Les Miserable in Nov both at WMC, can't wait.
Pleased you enjoyed Matilda, as I said earlier we didn’t really enjoy that one, but it has been getting great reviews so we are in the minority 😀

Lots of us on here seem to have WMC as our ‘local’ theatre 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I have to say, I am not a wicked fan! I’ve worked it twice now, once in merchandise and once dressing. I loved working it in both of those capacities. But I cannot sit and watch the show. I love the music, the costumes are amazing, the story is great. But I just cannot sit through it. I’ve paid to see it twice, I’ve probably seen it around 10x including the odd few front of house shifts I had to do. That’s more than enough for me.

You’ll find me blaring the music in my car though!

FINALLY. The Lion King 2019 tour has been announced! I’ve only been waiting about 12 months for this to go public If this is something you haven’t seen, the tour is fantastic. I preferred the 2012 tour to the West End Production.
Haha, maybe it’s a case of too much of a good thing 😀

We saw the Lion King on it’s last tour at the WMC, it was fantastic, definitely one of our favourites. I also saw the West End production and agree that the touring production was as good, if not better.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Extra Hamilton tickets were released at midday today. Tickets start at £12.50 so much more affordable than $700!
Thank you. Got grand circle box for £37.50 each at end of April. Officially restricted view but according to Theatremonkey not bad. And both of us work 5 min walk away so no problem getting there!

Interested whether WMC ever has discounts or offers. Later this year it could become our local too if things work out.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Thank you. Got grand circle box for £37.50 each at end of April. Officially restricted view but according to Theatremonkey not bad. And both of us work 5 min walk away so no problem getting there!

Interested whether WMC ever has discounts or offers. Later this year it could become our local too if things work out.
Is that through ticketmaster? I wonder if I’m not looking in the right place

Edit - Found it!

Edited at 03:10 PM.
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Welcome to Wales 😀 (maybe)

We rarely get any offers from WMC and we are on their email list. Occasionally there are offers of discounts on the top tier tickets but even with the discount, it’s cheaper to buy other available tickets. There are sometimes offers on children’s tickets too, but as we have no children, they are not worth it either. You can join the membership scheme there which gives you discounts on certain weekdays and top tier tickets and priority booking, plus 20% discounts on food and drink at the theatre but it costs £40 per year and wouldn’t work out worthwhile for us as we can never go on weekdays when the cheaper tickets are available.

If you need parking at Cardiff Bay when you are going to the theatre you can get greatly discounted parking at the Pierhead Car Park by validating your ticket at the theatre. It works out around £4 for up to 9 hours which is more than half the normal rate.
Old 14 Jan 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
My parents live in Llantwit Major and we may be moving there this year to look after them. I am a Cwmbran girl originally!

We have no children and don’t drive, but may well be working in Cardiff (easy train commute, not much more than my current one!) so weekdays might be useful actually.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

My parents live in Llantwit Major and we may be moving there this year to look after them. I am a Cwmbran girl originally!

We have no children and don’t drive, but may well be working in Cardiff (easy train commute, not much more than my current one!) so weekdays might be useful actually.
Llantwit Major is lovely, we love a day there in the summer 😀. We live very close to Cwmbran, it’s my local supermarket town.

Definitely may be worth looking into becoming a Promise member at WMC then. Lots of info on their website 😀
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Ooh, thinking about a Croeso Dibbmeet now...!