Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jan 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile Wow, ds might have shown a slight bit of interest tonight

He actually asked me what we’re going to do on holiday 😂🤣😂

I’ve been asking for months for some input from all 3 kids and got nothing.
Every time I ask them they just say it’s too far away. I booked at 375 days to go but even at 4 months away they were saying it’s too far ahead.

Kids, who’d have em lol
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have to agree with your kids to be honest, about 10 weeks before is our limit for even thinking about a trip to florida
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Don't listen to floridavisitor. Planning is part of the fun! I find it hard to get the kids to engage until a few months out but I'm planning from the moment we book until the moment we drive to the airport.

I get the kids to watch Youtube blogs so that they can tell me what they want to do. Seems to get them interested.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
He actually asked me what we’re going to do on holiday 😂🤣😂

I’ve been asking for months for some input from all 3 kids and got nothing.
Every time I ask them they just say it’s too far away. I booked at 375 days to go but even at 4 months away they were saying it’s too far ahead.

Kids, who’d have em lol
your kids are teenagers, right? If thats the case, then I think its perfectly normal for them to say "its too far ahead" to get excited yet.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes they’re teenagers.

I told him he needs to go look online cos when I replied with ‘what do you want to do on holiday,’ he said he didn’t know what was there
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My son who is now 20 would never discuss anything apart from the day before I was booking ADRs. He likes his food 😂 My daughter will plan with me for months 👍 They’re all different!
Old 15 Jan 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

You're lucky, we normally get to like 3 days before we depart and suddenly DH says 'Are we going to (insert name of place he has never mentioned wanting to go to before) while in Florida'? grrrr lol.

In fact, in 2017 he saw a video clip about Clearwater on the plane on the way over and started asking if we are going there.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by squishthewhale View Post
you're lucky, we normally get to like 3 days before we depart and suddenly dh says 'are we going to (insert name of place he has never mentioned wanting to go to before) while in florida'? Grrrr lol.

In fact, in 2017 he saw a video clip about clearwater on the plane on the way over and started asking if we are going there.
😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

My son doesn't usually know exactly where we are going. He knew we were going to California last year but didn't ask whereabouts. I thought he wasn't interested but he says he just likes to turn up and isn't at all interested in planning. He is 19.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Argh this is my bug bear too. I ask them what rides do they want to do, what parks do they want to visit and they say things like, ‘We can’t remember what rides are in each park’. WHAT 🙀 I sometimes have to wonder if they are even my children. I can only confirm this because I was there when they were born! DH is even worse!
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List