Old 16 Jan 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I am thanks; it was a bit severe when she first did it, beautiful plait but a bit tight, so I asked her to relax it, and I was much happier with it!
Are you having your make up done? I’m even worse at doing that 😂
Old 20 Jan 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I am thanks; it was a bit severe when she first did it, beautiful plait but a bit tight, so I asked her to relax it, and I was much happier with it!
Are you having your make up done? I’m even worse at doing that 😂
Yes getting my make up done - I’m ok at applying it myself but for my wedding I don’t want to risk it! Also will be nice getting everything done for me

I have my make up trial on the 4th! Everything is just feeling so close...

And I see we are both doing our music playlists!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Me too, I never really wear make up though, and don't want too much. I think it matters less for me as I'm not having an official photographer, but I'm having my trial on Saturday this week, Saturday night we also have our menu tasting at the hotel. Bit pointless really as we have already picked our menu, but its a free 3 course meal

Yes am literally sat here now on Spotify. What are you doing for your music? We are having a local pub covers band come in for 2 x 1 hour sets, but I decided to save some pennies on the DJ and do a playlist for the inbetween bits.
Old 21 Jan 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Nice, enjoy all the freebies you can get!

I’m not wanting anything OTT for my make up, I want to look like me just me at my absolute best haha.

For music we have a band who are doing a ceilidh for us and then a disco, so they bring all the instruments and equipment for both. I have Scottish family and used to live in Scotland so have always wanted a ceilidh as part of my reception!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

In the 8 weeks since my DD got engaged, and with about 20 months until the wedding, she has basically managed to organise the entire thing.

Venue
Registrar
Photographer
Hair/Make-Up
Cake
DJ
Florist
Decorations
Lights
String Quartet

All booked.

Clearly the years of holiday planning have rubbed off on her
Old 23 Jan 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’m seeing my hairdresser on Saturday for a cut and blow dry, I have no idea what style to have on the day.
My hair is fine thin and shoulder length.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
In the 8 weeks since my DD got engaged, and with about 20 months until the wedding, she has basically managed to organise the entire thing.

Venue
Registrar
Photographer
Hair/Make-Up
Cake
DJ
Florist
Decorations
Lights
String Quartet

All booked.

Clearly the years of holiday planning have rubbed off on her
That's great, is she enjoying it?

We have been engaged 9 weeks tomorrow, and we're pretty organised now really, just the mens suits and my ring to sort (the only jobs I trusted to my Fiance...), but pretty much everything else is sorted.
We kind of have to be though as the wedding is in 8 weeks!

Ours doesn't sound as fancy as your daughters though, no photographer, decorations/lights or string quartet for us,
Old 24 Jan 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
That's great, is she enjoying it?

We have been engaged 9 weeks tomorrow, and we're pretty organised now really, just the mens suits and my ring to sort (the only jobs I trusted to my Fiance...), but pretty much everything else is sorted.
We kind of have to be though as the wedding is in 8 weeks!

Ours doesn't sound as fancy as your daughters though, no photographer, decorations/lights or string quartet for us,
Yes I think she's loving it!

Her plans have expanded a bit I think since she first started looking, helped by a couple of unexpected donations to her wedding fund! We said we'd give some towards it, but then her financee's parents also gave some, and then his grandparents also gave them some money as well - and they insisted they use some of it on the string quartet! They all went to a wedding fair at the venue on the weekend (DW and I were away so couldn't go), and the quartet started playing Beauty & The Beast (DD's favourite) and they all started crying!
Old 24 Jan 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
I’m seeing my hairdresser on Saturday for a cut and blow dry, I have no idea what style to have on the day.
My hair is fine thin and shoulder length.
Are you wearing a veil or anything?
Old 24 Jan 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Yes I think she's loving it!

Her plans have expanded a bit I think since she first started looking, helped by a couple of unexpected donations to her wedding fund! We said we'd give some towards it, but then her financee's parents also gave some, and then his grandparents also gave them some money as well - and they insisted they use some of it on the string quartet! They all went to a wedding fair at the venue on the weekend (DW and I were away so couldn't go), and the quartet started playing Beauty & The Beast (DD's favourite) and they all started crying!
That's really lovely.

My Dad is buying our cake, but otherwise its down to us.

I'm thinking we'll probably get it for about 7k exc the honeymoon, but we'll have to wait for October for our week away. Need to get the pennies back up..