Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jan 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile 10nts Cabana Bay or 7nts I-Drive+3nts RPR

Looking for Hotel advice really, as per header. I like the idea of staying at CB but how much of a difference will FOLP make?
We (2ad,2teenagers) will be going in August, we will qualify for Disability access pass, as both boys have issues.
I was leaning towards the Avanti Palms on I-Drive for that option. We will have the 14nt 3park ticket and will be without a car. We hope to do a 1day trip to AK also.
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Having read the Universal Disability Assistance scheme, it would seem that it has space for return times if the wait time is more than 30 minutes, and if it is less than 30 minutes you would possibly join the express pass line.

So it will all depend on when in August you go. First two weeks will be much busier than the last 2 weeks.

Also are you rope droppers or not? We went last August and although my sons were 15 and 12 they were up and eating breakfast at 7am in the club lounge.

If your children like a lie in then the FOLP is invaluable, otherwise if you are there early then the DAA may be all you need.

I love the look of Cabana Bay but because it doesn't have FOLP we stayed at RPR. For us being able to pick and choose when we hit the parks and working around August weather felt super relaxed.

I think in your shoes, weighing everything up I would do the Avanti (which looks lovely) with 3 nights at RPR. That way you are guaranteed to ride the rides you want with FOLP.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the reply. We plan go 12th to 22nd. Are we rope droppers? Not always, but more often than not. I've always subscribed to the notion that these are not 'lie-in' holidays, up early then chill in an afternoon.
It's been an afterthought, but may consider 8nts CB + 2nts RPR, dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it lol.
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

I love Cabana Bay and would probably go for that option. Your last combo sounds fab! Put 1 night RPR at the beginning to smash both parks and do all the really long waits. Use Cabana as your base then to do the Volcano Bay early entry which is worth its weight in gold. You’ll get it all done in the hour and then relax. You can pop back then to the parks whenever you like to enjoy the things without pressure. HP in both parks are enjoyable without the big rides - the train never has big waits even in the Summer if you go in the morning or evening. As long as you go early or later the queues don’t really need Express or there’s always options to enjoy.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Sadly when it comes to this type of holiday you can't over-think it

I don't know what the price difference is for you between CB and Avanti, CB is lovely, has the lazy river and has the benefit of being close to VB which is an incredible water park.

We visited Aquatica, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and Volcano Bay and VB wins out on the fearless river. We just kept going round and round. I did liken it to a tsunami disaster movie where we had a lot of fun keeping our party of 4 together.

The early entry saw us ride Krakatau twice in the morning plus a few other slides before the gates opened for everyone else.

It depends if you like water parks. I think 2 nights RPR and the rest at CB would be a great stay.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List