Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I can't remember which Shark we bought (it's blue and silver), but we got ours from Costco about a year ago and absolutely LOVE it! It isn't cordless, but the cord is really long, and there are lots of useful attachments. The top bit also disconnects and turns it into a small handheld for doing stairs etc.

Having listened to my dad rave about one different vacuum cleaner after another over the last 5 years, each one of his lasting about 18 months in total before packing up, I'm definitely sticking with the Shark. We had actually gone to Costco to pick up something like dishwasher tablets, and we happened to spot a woman doing a demo of the Shark - we watched her, and were so impressed with it that we bought one there and then! Cost about £120, I think.
Old 16 Jan 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sam_Smith View Post
Just bought the Shark DuoClean Cordless Vacuum Cleaner with Flexology [Single Battery] IF200UK. Direct from Shark with free delivery it was £200 reduced from £350

Added a pet attachment for £20.

Like you said they are not cheap, so jumped at this offer, and I have to say it is brilliant!

Much better than my old Dyson

We have the IF200UKT. I’m shocked at how good it is. Given our V10 Dyson away now, especially seeing how much the Shark picked up after it.

You will find you’ll need an extra battery though. We ordered one a day after getting ours.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We're on our second Shark Liftaway, the preferred vacuum cleaner of many a St Bernard owner (honestly!). Can't fault it, our last one only lasted just over a year but to be honest, it really didn't owe us anything and was properly worn out!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Turtles
Proud to wear my Ears

Well the Shark arrived yesterday. Easy to put together and I was amazed how much extra stuff it picked up, vacuumed with my Henry first. I do find the Shark heavier than the Henry, but not has bulk. I'm sure I will get use to having an upright, after having a pull along for over 9 years.
Turtles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

I still can’t decide whether or not to get one as I just don’t know if it will actually be any better than the VAX I have. I would like one that really lifts up the carpet where it is flat and the VAX does to some extent but looks clumpy. I know it’s probably the carpet (did the whole house two years ago so didn’t spend a fortune) but if a Shark improves it I would be there! I wish they did a trial thing where you could send it back within 30 days if not impressed!
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
I have the shark cordless with 2 batteries, I'm glad I went for the twin batteries so I never run out of power. This is probably the best vacuum I have ever had and I have been through quite a few over the years including dyson, vax, henry etc etc.
I just got this one after it was discussed on a thread on here. I love it! My house has never been as clean as it is so easy just to whip it out and hoover up a few crumbs etc. Best vacuum I have ever had and so easy to use.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List