Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 6 Jan 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

The wife's daughter happens to be married to my previous housemate's brother. My jaw dropped when I learned that.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Please let us know if the book reveals any new interesting facts.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post
Please let us know if the book reveals any new interesting facts.
I've not finished it yet. What I have read so far doesn't give any massive new info but they definitely weren't the loving family the documentary made them to be.

*Michael was seen running from the house in Germany on the evening Liz died.
*her autopsy was performed by someone in the army that wasn't quite as qualified as he should have been and missed things.
*Lots of anger issues with the youngest son Todd. Police looked into him being involved in a cover up
*eldest son Clayton was sentenced to 3 years prison when he was 19 for making a homemade bomb(unclear if he served this time in the book)
*Micheal found Martha difficult as a child and tried to separate the girls by getting her to live with her birth mothers sister. The sister didn't think they should be separated so declined.
*both girls were shipped back to Germany to be adopted by another family but the family changed their minds after a short time.
*Micheal never adopted the girls due to getting more financial aid.
*financially the family were in a bad state. Spending more than they earnt. They relied on Kathleen's salary but her job was under threat and if she had lost her job it would have been a disaster. The house needed lots of repairs including a new roof and Micheal hadn't earnt anything from writing for 2 years.
*after Kathleen died Micheal received several cheques
totalling over $300,000 from her employers after she died. He went out and bought things like flat screen tv's.
*Kathleens sister mentioned an incident where Micheal purchased her an expensive purse to say sorry for a flare up which resulted in her having a bruised arm. This was on their honeymoon
*Kathleen left her first husband over his infidelity. Her family doubt she would have accepted any from Michael as well.
* he mistreated the several dogs he had. They had more than shown on the films at one point but one died after an incident that they refused to talk about and one "ran" away.

It's interesting but clear the author doesn't like Micheal and the book finds him guilty without any real thoughts on an alternative.

Edited at 09:59 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I've not finished it yet. What I have read so far doesn't give any massive new info but they definitely weren't the loving family the documentary made them to be.

*Michael was seen running from the house in Germany on the evening Liz died.
*her autopsy was performed by someone in the army that wasn't quite as qualified as he should have been and missed things.
*Lots of anger issues with the youngest son Todd. Police looked into him being involved in a cover up
*eldest son Clayton was sentenced to 3 years prison when he was 19 for making a homemade bomb(unclear if he served this time in the book)
*Micheal found Martha difficult as a child and tried to separate the girls by getting her to live with her birth mothers sister. The sister didn't think they should be separated so declined.
*both girls were shipped back to Germany to be adopted by another family but the family changed their minds after a short time.
*Micheal never adopted the girls due to getting more financial aid.
*financially the family were in a bad state. Spending more than they earnt. They relied on Kathleen's salary but her job was under threat and if she had lost her job it would have been a disaster. The house needed lots of repairs including a new roof and Micheal hadn't earnt anything from writing for 2 years.
*after Kathleen died Micheal received several cheques
totalling over $300,000 from her employers after she died. He went out and bought things like flat screen tv's.
*Kathleens sister mentioned an incident where Micheal purchased her an expensive purse to say sorry for a flare up which resulted in her having a bruised arm. This was on their honeymoon
*Kathleen left her first husband over his infidelity. Her family doubt she would have accepted any from Michael as well.
* he mistreated the several dogs he had. They had more than shown on the films at one point but one died after an incident that they refused to talk about and one "ran" away.

It's interesting but clear the author doesn't like Micheal and the book finds him guilty without any real thoughts on an alternative.
Thanks, that is very interesting. I am not sure about the theory that he killed her for money, as he would surely have come up with a better plan? Why kill her in the same way that Liz died, which is very suspicious?

It does sound like he is not a particularly pleasant person. The way people treat animals usually reveals their true nature.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Booked finished. I watched The Staircase and at times thought how could the jury find him guilty? Reading the book has swayed me massively. The book was biased in that it found him guilty and that was very clear. It also didn't include after he was released BUT it highlighted what the documentary left out. There was a lot of the prosecutions case that wasn't shown. The book was called Written In Blood Innocent Or Gulty I got it on kindle. Like I said biased but gives new info.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thanks for the tip on The keepers. Excellent but a really horrible subject. Binge watched this one.
Old 9 Dec 23, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I've just watched this documentary over the last few weeks.
I have no idea if he is guilty or not, but he looked broken at the end.
Based on the information in the documentary only, I could never have found him guilty. There was too much reasonable doubt.