Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Aug 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
there are some right morons around I'm glad the water gun incident didn't happen with me I might have exploded.

The Menchies stuff looks great although I'm not sure I'd eat DS's effort
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Enjoying your food plus a bit extra report. How dare that adult do that to a child. I'd have been tempted to snap that finger right off!
🤣 totally agree. DS acted in a much more mature way than the man and once his dad had spoken to him was able to move on. I was livid! Thanks for following along 😀
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
there are some right morons around I'm glad the water gun incident didn't happen with me I might have exploded.

The Menchies stuff looks great although I'm not sure I'd eat DS's effort
😂 yep, he definitely got carried away. I had to stop him adding saice on top of it! Saying that, he did eat it all.

Thanks for following along and commenting 😀
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
😂 yep, he definitely got carried away. I had to stop him adding saice on top of it! Saying that, he did eat it all.

Thanks for following along and commenting 😀
You can never have too many toppings
Loving your report

* Orlando: 2006/2007/2010/2014/2016/2017/2018/2019
+ new booking Apr/May 2022

* New York/Orlando mix: 2012

* New York: May 2015/Dec 2021
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 5- Monday the 27th
We again had cerial in the room and then headed to US.
We stopped to do spells and to get a treat in Honey Dukes. Both kids chose caramel apples which cost $18.54😣 Daughter had the very pink one which is white chocolate over a caramel apple.

We went for a early lunch at Bubba. It was lovely and quite and the server was fab with the kids.
Hubby got a po boy, i got Dixie Fishwitch and kids got pizza/ burger kids meal.
It came to $46 but with $25 birthday credit it only cost $21 which is cheaper than the park. We left $30

We then headed to Board Walk to pick up the car from Dolphine hotel.
It was lovely to be back at Disney. We had a hour to kill so we wondered around and kids traded pins, we got drinks/ ice cream.

Hubby and DS went to Beaches and Cream.
DS got a mint choc chip sugar cone. Hubby had a grasshopper milkshake ( guiness and mint choc chip) and i had a diet coke $22.00

Old 28 Aug 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Daughter and I got a ice cream each from Ample Hills. This was on my list last year but never made it.
Daughter got cotton candy scoop and i got Ooey gooey butter cake. It was so good and huge for a one scoop. Cost $12 ish

pin trading at Ample Hills

We got caught in the biggest rain storm after this and sheltered under canopy eating our ice creams.

Eventually we arrived at Disney dolphin a little bedraggled!

We had ordered and paid via Alamo Brit.
The lady at the counter didnt use any heavy sell but she also seemed completely confused by me wanting to use my Revolut card to prepay for gas.
I had to show her confirmation of our return flight in order to do this? No idea what difference this made.
Any way, we apparently got a upgrade. Its huge and is a silver toyota ( will post photos later)

Edited at 01:41 PM.
Old 28 Aug 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

We went straight to walmark.
We were only meant to be getting a phone holder for the car. We forgot to bring ours and its so much cheaper to use google maps then hire a sat nav.

$95 later... somehow we ended up with 2x wine, tonic water, almond M and M, mint oreos, 2 huge bags of crisps, 2x rubber rings, 2 dolls for daughter etc etc Gotta love Walmark!

Then to dinner.
I had bought the Hash House a go go voucher from Travel Zoo( thanks Dibb) which was $29 for $50 spend.
I had veggie hash, hubby had Crab pasta, DS had bacon waffles( which totally confused him as bacon as actually in waffles instead of on top) and DD had Mac cheese.

The biscuits were amazing and dripping in butter. I don’t normally like them but these one were amazing ( would of been great with jam and cream!)

The food and service was fantastic!
Would definitely return and recommend.
We took 2 boxes of leftovers away with us.

Our server told us we had $11 left so we go pudding to go- oreo cheese cake. Still sat in the fridge🤨
The server did say that they only have 3 dessert items as not many people make it to dessert. I can see why!
Total cost $48 covered by voucher. $10 tip left.

Cost of food for day $92 ( without voucher and walmark)
With voucher $121
With walmark added $216

not sure if i should include the cost of the hash house voucher as bought and paid for ages ago)

Edited at 01:50 PM.
Old 29 Aug 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Tuesday- Day 6
i was up at the crack of dawn and left the rest of the family in bed whilst i headed to Hard Rock Hotel to use the washing facilities.

Portofino doesn't have self serve laundry but provide car transportation over.

So i had a solo ride over in a very nice car!

The machine/ dryer cost $3
I did 3x wash and 2x dry. Total=$15

It was a lovely way to spend a Monday morning, relaxing by the pool when waiting for the washing to dry.

Hubby and kids headed over by 9 and we spent a hour at the pool. Only food purchase was a Coffee ($3.50)

Both hubby and i had really funny tummys yesterday and today. Fear it may be from the coconut prawns as this was the only thing we had eaten the same? 🤢

We headed back to Portofino and had a rest.

This was very short lived as our neighbors were having a major domestic.

Hubby and DS were in the coridor when the woman stormed out of the room “ F’ing and B’ing.
Unfortunately this was then directed at hubby and ds.
Hubby asked her to stop swearing but this just inflamed matters and her husband then appeared and was also abusive( in front of there own son too)

Hubby and DS retreated to the room and we phone security. DS was understandable upset and scard.
Security arrived and said they had checked out. Apparently a british couple- hopefully not a DIbber?!

Obviously we all have domestic but to play it out in front of other and be that abusive infront of kids is not ok! 😡

We went out to Disney Springs after this. DD had a BBB apt and Hubby and son went to Void

We have done BBB at the castle before and DD loved it but i thought DS one was great.
The magic mirror was amazing and DD loved the whole experience.

Hubby and son thought Void was also amazing and well worth doing. There was only one other person in there group.
You also get a free digital print if you say you saw a bus advert!

DS got tacos from the 4 river smokehouse food truck. He went for the steak one amd proclaimed it to be the best Taco ever $11.99

Daughter had a pretzel with chesse sauce and pink lemondae $12.00

For dinner, We went to NYPD Pizza which is buy one pizza get a cheese pizza free on a Tuesday.
We made the mistake of buying large pizza and i have never seen a pizza so large!
We ordered the Carnegie hall( chicken, bacon with ranch sauce) , chesse pizza and ranch sauce.
DD and I managed one slice and boys managed 2
Total cost was $27 plus $8 tip=$35

We really enjoyed NYPD pizza. Its nothing fancy but the pizza was really good and staff nice and friendly. Would recommend!😊

Total spend;$62.49

Edited at 08:56 PM.
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Gonna pass on the grasshopper milkshake 🤮 the pizza is huge ! Omg how rude were those guests next door .No need for that 😡
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Wednesday- day 7

Our room at Portofino

( apolgies for wet swim costumes!)

We checked out of Portofino today and whilst packing realised that a rucksack with item in it( hubby reading glasses/ packing cubes) was missing.

It had been in a pile with carrier bags and we think housekeeping had thrown them out 😣

There had been a number of issues with housekeeping this holiday which as individuals issues ( room not being cleaned, phone not working even after repeatedly reporting it , damp towels left) were not big deal, but as a building picture it had become a bit of a irritant!
We talked to the house keeping manager who compensated us for daughter bag and dealt with it well.

Overall we enjoyed Portofino.

We would stay again, if the price was right.

I enjoyed having different pools. It was nice to be able to swim in the villa pool and play in the family pool.

My hubby and DS loved the Italian theming. I prefer the theming of Royal Pacific.

We upgraded our universal passes to a annual pass.

We have flights booked for next summer and after enjoying the slower pace of Universal felt this would be a good option for part of next year holiday. This cost $255 for the 4 of us.
Adults cost $55 for the 3 park and kids $65.
They do not do a child annual pass and the price is based on the cost of the 14 day pass which was $10 cheaper for kids.

We were now headed for Four Seasons. I was super excited about this!

After a small mess up with valet we checked in. They found us a available room ( it was 1030 and check in is not til 4)
The room was stunning and i could see Contemporary in the distance so was hopeful we would see Fire Works ( which we did!)

So after a play in the pool we had lunch at PBG.

Hubby and i shared a fish taco and Japanese poke bowl

DD had mac cheese

DS had Steak Frites

We both had a beer. Came to $105

Kids also had a sweet goodie bag ($5 but cant see this on bill) where they choose 5 difference sweet types from jars and the host fills a bag with them. Will add a photo if kids have left any.

The food was amazing. ( but expensive)
The Japanese bowl particularly had such great flavours.

The kids went to kids clubs after lunch for 2 hours.
Four Season offers complimentary kids clubs from 10-6 for 4-12 year old.
They also have hide away for older children.

We went to the adult pool and had a cocktail each. ($32) It is a lovely space. Unfortunately we only got 30 mins before having to retreat due to the weather.

We went for pre- dinner drink at Capa.
They do a happy hour from Sun- Thur 5-7 with a small selection of tapas for $5 and reduced drinks.

We sat on the terrace and had a glass of bubbly each. DS had a mocktail and DD had a orange juice. Cost $38.52

Dinner was at Ravello.

I had booked this under the Magical dining promotion. This gives you 3 course for $35 and you can order off the kids menu as per normal.

I order the calamari ( which DS had)

Hubby had mozzarella salad

Mains we both had the redfish which came with green beans, spinach, broccolini, hint of chill ( this dish was amazing)

We ordered one of both pudding. Chocolate one and a lemon tart.

DD had Bolognese with penne pasta. She ate it all which is unheard off.

DS had filet mignon. Which he loved and said it was his second favourite steak!

Kids also got the make your own sundae. This was 2 scoop of ice cream with various pots of spinkles/ sauce etc. They both loved this!

Our waiter was fab. There was a mix up with the kitchen which delayed food which he dealt with well and was lovely with the kids. DD also got her dinner free as she is under 5 and staying on site which was a lovely surprise.

We also had a bottle of the daughter Prosecco which was on offer at $45

Total meal cost $175 with tip.
( will add missing photo later as on hubby phone)

Total spend today 😳🤫$350.72

Edited at 11:40 AM.