Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Oct 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm exactly the same , as is my son. Do you have a bit of a left right confusion to go with the two left feet too ? I struggled with learning to drive too.

I just thought it was me until I mentioned it to a school teacher on a sking trip (took me longer to learn to ski too) and he explained it to me , I'd never heard of Dyspraxia before. My son has a diagnosis for it as part of his ASD and had physical therapy for it which seemed to help... all a bit late for me though

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I had never heard of this before, but both myself and my daughter are very uncoordinated so it has made me wonder if we have this in some form. We cannot ride a bike, I have never managed to pass a driving test, DD has been having lessons for nearly a year and is finding it difficult and we are both quite clumsy.

I think it’s a good thing that programmes show certain health issues in this way to raise awareness. Especially in such as positive way as in Dr Who where someone with Dyspraxia is about to become the Dr’s assistant, it must be very inspiring for other sufferers
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'm exactly the same , as is my son. Do you have a bit of a left right confusion to go with the two left feet too ? I struggled with learning to drive too.

I just thought it was me until I mentioned it to a school teacher on a sking trip (took me longer to learn to ski too) and he explained it to me , I'd never heard of Dyspraxia before. My son has a diagnosis for it as part of his ASD and had physical therapy for it which seemed to help... all a bit late for me though
My daughter is hopeless with left/right despite being a straight A student, just can’t grasp which is which. I am useless with directions and if I come out of a shop etc I struggle with whether I should turn right or left! I am referred to as Dory in my family due to my lack of direction 😃

I guess a diagnosis is definitely too late for me now, but it’s interesting as we both seem to have quite a few issues that could suggest this.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Wait, you mean bow ties aren't sexy?

Of course they didn't need to wear sexy clothes. But I bet it would have improved things for a number of viewers if they had.
I didn’t say I didn’t find any previous doctors sexy (thinking Tennant 😀 )

I like the fact that Jodie’s doctor dresses in the same quirky style of previous doctors. I think the BBC would have had tons of complaints if she had been dressed sexily, so making more turn it off than on. I like the fact that her gender doesn’t seem to be getting too much attention in the storylines, just a continuation of being a Doctor, not purely a gender.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

I'm really enjoying it and I've not watched really watched it for a few years.

I think she's great as the doctor. Looking forward to next weeks episode.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I must be in the minority thought it was rubbish, just couldn't get into it at all. Watched this week's too it was ok nothing special, I do miss David Tennant he was the best of the new generation.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I didn't enjoy it either but will stick with it as dh watches too. Don't like her as the Dr.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I like the fact that her gender doesn’t seem to be getting too much attention in the storylines, just a continuation of being a Doctor, not purely a gender.
I agree.

Having now watched the first two episodes, I thought they were okay but not great. I'm still not sure on Jodie as the Doctor. It seems like she's trying to emulate the Tenth Doctor (Tennant) but the delivery of some of her lines is a bit awkward. Watching her, I can tell that she's acting, so it takes me out of the moment. Instead, it shouldn't seem like she's acting and should all appear to be 'natural'. Maybe it's still early days?

I do like the title sequence though. I think the new composer is doing a great job; the background music during the show is not so in-your-face as Murray Gold's used to be. I like the new Tardis interior, although it is a little dark. The companions are good (surprisingly, I do like Graham). The writing has generally been good, albeit nothing outstanding at the moment. I do wonder whether the Stenza will be a continuing influence throughout this season, perhaps even the Big Bad at the end? We'll see.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree.

Having now watched the first two episodes, I thought they were okay but not great. I'm still not sure on Jodie as the Doctor. It seems like she's trying to emulate the Tenth Doctor (Tennant) but the delivery of some of her lines is a bit awkward. Watching her, I can tell that she's acting, so it takes me out of the moment. Instead, it shouldn't seem like she's acting and should all appear to be 'natural'. Maybe it's still early days?

I do like the title sequence though. I think the new composer is doing a great job; the background music during the show is not so in-your-face as Murray Gold's used to be. I like the new Tardis interior, although it is a little dark. The companions are good (surprisingly, I do like Graham). The writing has generally been good, albeit nothing outstanding at the moment. I do wonder whether the Stenza will be a continuing influence throughout this season, perhaps even the Big Bad at the end? We'll see.
Tbh they all try to emulate a dr in one way or another, in the last decade tennant who is the most well known dr, even peter c emulated him to begin with.
Old 16 Oct 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Tbh they all try to emulate a dr in one way or another, in the last decade tennant who is the most well known dr, even peter c emulated him to begin with.
True. As I say, maybe I'm being a bit premature and maybe Jodie will grow on me.

The only Doctor in recent times that I immediately liked was Tennant. I was never that sure about Eccleston or Capaldi - they were ok but never quite clicked with me. And after initially being unsure about Smith, I grew to love his portrayal of the Doctor. So who knows?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

True. As I say, maybe I'm being a bit premature and maybe Jodie will grow on me.

The only Doctor in recent times that I immediately liked was Tennant. I was never that sure about Eccleston or Capaldi - they were ok but never quite clicked with me. And after initially being unsure about Smith, I grew to love his portrayal of the Doctor. So who knows?
I agree, the only recent doctor we loved straight away was Tennant, but the others were all good in their own way and we liked them eventually. DD said she liked Matt Smith’s last 2-3 episodes but didn’t like him before then 😀.

I think Jodie has made a good start, but David Tennant will always be our favourite I think.