Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Nov 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The steak I had at Manny's on US27 last year was better than the one I had at the Yachtsman a few days earlier. Having said that 6 or 7 years ago got a meal for free as it was well below standard, all restraurants have bad days. Still one of our must do's one each trip. I can see what others are saying about the 192 lacking atmosphere, it hasn't got the vibe of the one on US27.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3075
Excited about Disney

Goofy3075's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 8
We have tried most of the restaurants around Encantada. Mannys is an improvement on the last restaurant that was in the same building. Now, we just go to our favourites: Sweet Tomatoes, Long Horn, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, Culvers, Ihop (cheap meal for kids) and in Celebration 'Market St Diner' to meet the MC and their dog sitting outside.
We tried the Rock and Brews on the opening day, hoping to see Gene Simmons but he was never coming. Good if you like rock music.
In Texas Road house, the kids like throwing the nut shells on the floor and if its their birthday, riding the horse!
Check the reviews on Google maps of restaurants to see how they rate before visiting.

Encantada Holiday Home
4 bed, 3 bath, private pool, lake side location, very close to Disney, free super fast Wi-Fi.
Free resort facilities: 2 x pools, 2 x spas, gym, clubhouse with a licenced bar and pool table.
Florida Vacation Licence Number DWE5919120
Goofy3075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Billy Beatnik View Post
Looks like we may try longhorn steakhouse as I’ve heard a few people give it good reviews.
HUGE Longhorn fans here... my 11 year old daughter has requested we eat there every night of our HRH portion this year.(we settled on 2 of the 5 nights for our fillet and mash)... she insists I do mash potatoes like Longhorn every Sunday... big pool of butter in the middle... It really is a great place.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Big Manny's fan here but found Haines better both food & atmosphere wise. Had the best steak I'be ever had out there!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

I simply couldn't recommend Manny's at Haines City, put us on a table in a tent and served up the toughest steak I have had. Tried the one on the 192 and had a nice evening. The steak wasn't great here either but far nicer than the 27.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

We went to Mannys on the 192 twice last November and had great meals. Texas Roadhouse was the worst meal of the holiday, which was a shame as we have always had great meals there/
Old 17 Jan 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
had several great meals at the Haines city one .. wouldn't return to the 192 'franchise' my steaks have always been great (but I don't go for the cheaper cuts) my husband wasn't impressed with the 'Mannys' steak but all the others were fantastic

Have not been impressed with Texas roadhouse on the last 2 occasions ..food literally dumped on plate and both times overcooked

if you want to try somewhere really great I would give Ovation a try .. we had three awesome meals there

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Villainlover View Post
had several great meals at the Haines city one .. wouldn't return to the 192 'franchise' my steaks have always been great (but I don't go for the cheaper cuts) my husband wasn't impressed with the 'Mannys' steak but all the others were fantastic

Have not been impressed with Texas roadhouse on the last 2 occasions ..food literally dumped on plate and both times overcooked

if you want to try somewhere really great I would give Ovation a try .. we had three awesome meals there
Thanks, always looking for new places to try, not a fan of going the same places time after time, except 4rivers of course. Any other non chain places we could try?
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We had a great meal at the 192 location on our last visit.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to the one down the 192 in August and whilst the food was ok (my steak was better at Mama Melrose!) it seemed so big and was half empty, I wasn’t overly impressed and I don’t think it’s one we would try again. I love a good steak so will try Texas Roadhouse or Longhorns this year I thunk.

Edited at 09:18 AM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List